- Text Size +

5

I got Emma set up in the bedroom of my suite and then paced around the living room area smoking like a crazy person. I wasn’t real sure what it was about the situation that had me all worked up, but I couldn’t sit still. I told Emma to take a shower to try and warm up, and then I left her a bunch of the warmest clothes I could find in my bags on the bed for her. I turned the heat up in the room, again, and then ordered us both hot chocolate from room service.

I considered for a while calling Marcus and having him come over, but then decided that it was stupid. I knew who this girl was, even though I didn’t really know her. It wasn’t like I expected her to go kung fu on me and come running out of the bathroom to attack me. The poor thing could barely move she was so cold, she wasn’t going to assault me.

So, I smoked. I walked around pacing and smoking while trying to figure out what the hell I was going to talk to Emma about when she came out of the bedroom and joined me again.

She took a long shower, which I worried about momentarily wondering if she’d passed out or something. Yeah, I tend to over-think things sometimes, I’m working on it. But I eventually heard the water turn off and could tell that she was moving around in the room. She also blew dry her hair, which I would have suggested she do if she hadn’t done it on her own. Then finally she came out of the room.

"Hey…" I said with a smile. She smiled slightly and nodded her head. I looked at my cigarette in my hand, "I’ve been smoking like mad out here, if it bothers you I can like, fan the smoke out of the window or something…"

That got a stronger smile out of her and she shook her head, "It’s okay, but can I bum one from you? Mine are a little wet…"

"Oh hell yeah…" I laughed and pulled a cigarette out of the pack on the table for her. I then whipped out my lighter and, as a true gentleman does, held the flame up for her to light her cigarette with.

"Thank you…" she said softly and took a long drag.

"No problem… How are ya feeling? Any warmer?"

She nodded, "A little yeah… I’m not shivering as much anymore. Thank you, again… You didn’t have to do this."

"It’s cool, I wouldn’t have wanted to be sitting in here all warm while you were in the hall freezing… that’s not cool." I smiled at her and looked her over. She was a beautiful thing. I couldn’t tell how old she was, but I figured her to be somewhere around my age. Her hair was a medium brown, just a little lighter than my natural color and was cut in a short-ish sort of style. Kind of shaggy and spiked, but sort of not... I may not have been able to describe it, but I liked it. And her eyes were green, that real intense green like Kevin’s eyes. She was gorgeous.

The knock on the door startled us both and I laughed at how we’d both jumped. "That’s probably room service. I ordered up some hot chocolate for us. I wasn’t sure if you liked coffee, but everyone likes hot chocolate right? And they use Godiva here, so it’s damn good."