- Text Size +

Chapter 9

In the boys room Jesse was waiting for his laptop to get turned on while Gabe was flipping through the channels on TV.

“I need a cell phone.” Scott said walking out of the bathroom.

“Why?” Gabe asked.

“Because I have a call to make and my parents still have my cell phone.” Scott explained.

“No porn lines.” Jesse said tossing him the phone. He only briefly tore his eyes away from the screen to do so.

“Thanks Jess.” He said going out onto to balcony area for privacy.

He took a deep breath as he stared at the phone. He wasn’t sure if he should really do this or not. He knew he shouldn’t but… he had before. He just didn’t want to get caught. The lighter would look like nothing compared to this.

Recently his deeper thoughts and emotions had been intensifying. He needed desperately to make it go away.

Nodding slowly sure he wanted to go through with this he dialed the number and hit send. Slowly he placed the phone up to his ear and waited for an answer.

“It’s Kyle.” A young adult voice spoke into the phone.

“Kyle, its Scott.” He said shoving a hand into his pocket.

“Looking for a hook up?” He asked Scott.

“Yeah, got anything good?” He glanced back into the hotel room through the glass then turned away again.

“Yeah man, how much you wanting?” He laughed a little.

“However much fifty will buy me. Can you have it ready by the end of meet and greet?” Scott wondered pulling his hand from his pocket and resting it on the railing.

“Yeah, shouldn’t be a problem. There’s a bathroom back by the main security office. I’ll meet you there right after.”

“Thanks see you then.” He said and hung up. He quickly erased the number from Jesse’s call log and went back into the room.

“Where’d Gabe go?” Scott asked handing Jesse his cell.

“Lady catching… where else?” Jesse laughed and Scott shook his head. “I warned him I wouldn’t cover if Uncle D came looking.”

“Uncle Howie won’t be coming around anytime soon. He and Aunt Leigh have an empty hotel room.”

“Oh yeah, I wonder how the girls are holding up with Arabella.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why do I have to take the roll away?” Arie complained across the hall in the girls’ room.

“Because Alaina and I are older than you.” Ellie harshly told her.

“Arie quit your complaining it’s just for tonight.” Lanie added.

“Thank God.” Ellie said sitting on the bed.

Arie rolled her eyes, “Fine, so what are we going to do?” She asked perking up.

Ellie sighed, “This is going to be one long night…”

“Let’s do something fun like paint our nails.” Arie offered up an idea.

“Done.” Lanie said showing of her painted nail polish.

“I wouldn’t let you paint mine with a ten foot pole.” Ellie harshly told the young girl.

“You don’t have to be so…” Arie paused to search for a dumbed down version of the word she wanted to use. “Rude.” She finished.

“Arabella, forcing your way into a room where you know you aren’t wanted is what’s rude.” Ellie replied.

“Lanie, you don’t mind me being here do you?” She asked with almost puppy dog eyes.

“Bella you know I love you like a sister but I’ve been dying for a girl my own age to hang with for a while. I honestly would have liked some more time alone with her.” Lanie tried not to be overly rude.

“Well that’s too bad. I’m here now.”

“Oh my God, Lanie, I need to go for a walk before I lose the belly button ring my Dad promised me for putting up with her.” Ellie said moving toward the door.

“Alright.” Lanie told her and watched her leave.

Ellie took a deep breath as she moved down the hall toward her Dad’s room. She decided she’s grab a little cash from him to go get some candy from the front desk. She knocked on the door and waited for it to open.

“Ellie? Is everything ok?” AJ quickly asked opening the door. He looked sleepy.

“Yeah, I just want some candy from the lobby.” She explained.

“Oh, uh, ok… here…” He said grabbing cash from his wallet. “Get whatever you want alright baby?”

“Thank you Daddy.” She took the five dollar bill and hugged him.

“You’re welcome.” He called as she began to walk away. “Oh Ellie!” He called stopping her.

“That skirts almost too short.” He said.

She tugged down on the black lace skirt that she had positioned up near her belly button. Her longer white tank top hid the fact that it now hung around her lower hips. “Better?” She asked him.

“Yes, thank you.” He said and went back into his room.

She rolled her eyes and pulled her skirt back up as she stepped onto the elevator. Once at the main floor she looked over the candy options at the front desk and decided on a blow pop sucker. She paid for it and removed the wrapper before turning to go back upstairs.

“Ellie!” She heard Gabe call as he walked away from three girls.

“Oh hey Gabe, What are doing down here?” She casually asked.

“Just chillin with the ladies.” He smiled. “You?” He asked taking note of her amazingly flawless legs.

“Getting away from your sister.” Ellie rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, sorry. You headed back up?” He asked.

She nodded.

“Me too.” He smiled and pointed toward the elevator.

She knew he was checking her out. It was beyond obvious so she decided to give him a bit of a show and let her hips move sensually from left to right as she walked ahead of him.

“You uh, you look great in that outfit.” He told her as they stepped onto the elevator.

“Thanks.” She gave him a grin and played with her hair a bit. She found it almost amusing how flirtatious he was being.

“You’re welcome.” He grinned moving toward her slowly.

She took a few steps toward him playing into him a little.

“If you’d put a little gel in that hair and spike it just a bit you’d probably get even more girls.” She softly said running a hand through his hair as her chest lightly pressed against his upper body.

He locked eyes with her and began to lean in and close his eyes.

Ellie just barely allowed her lips to graze against his before pulling away. As if on cue the doors to the elevator slid open. “Bye Gabe.” She giggled a bit a walked away to her room leaving him stunned by her ‘player’ skills.

Walking back into the room she shared with Lanie and Arie she sat her sucker down on top of the mini fridge in the hall just before the room opened up to where the beds and things were. She then moved back down the hall toward the front door and grabbed the bathroom door. Quickly without thinking she pulled it open and stepping in.

As she turned around to look at the rest of the bathroom she came face to face with Lanie who had also just spun around. Her eyes widened a little as the hands on her low-rise jean zipper froze.

Lanie gasped jumping back; she was getting ready to get a shower and already had her top and bra off. She noticed Ellie staring at her for a Moment before quickly turning around, “I-I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were in here…” Ellie stammered, she had never seen a girl that looked so beautiful topless.

Lanie couldn’t really understand what was happening or why it was happening for that rather, but she felt turned on when Ellie stared at her even though it was only for a Moment, but it was long enough to get turned on and be confused about it.

"I uh... It's... It's ok." Lanie softly said. There was an obvious hint of confusion in her voice.

Ellie wanted to turn around. She wanted to look again as Alaina was beyond gorgeous. She swallowed hard knowing she couldn't. "No Lanie, I should have been paying more attention. I really am sorry." She corrected.

Ever so slowly, Lanie reached out a hand and placed it on Ellie's shoulder.

Ellie did not turn around but she did look at the hand.

"It's ok, Ellie."

Ellie took a deep breath and nodded the silently left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Gabe walked into the boys’ room still a bit dazed from Ellie.

"What's wrong with you?" Scott asked his closed notebook sitting beside him as he lit up a cigarette in his hand.

"Ellie." He said.

"Ellie?" Jesse questioned.

"Yeah, ran into her down stairs... Girl is smoking hot in that short little skirt." He grinned a little, mentally picturing her ass.

Jesse chuckled and just shook his head.

Scott however smiled a little. He knew what Gabe was talking about, he had noticed earlier.

"I uh... I'm gonna take a shower." Gabe began to walk toward the bathroom.

"Cold shower?" Scott teased.

"Ice cold." Gabe replied.

Jesse on the other hand was too busy logging into his Facebook account to pay attention to the conversation, he grinned when he saw he had a new message and that it was from her, his Mom.

Quickly he clicked on it to see what she had said in return.

Dear Jesse,

   I'm flattered that you think enough about me to want to contact me. From what you say it's sounds like Nick has done a great job raising you. You've turned about to be a fine looking young man. Know that I am proud of you Jesse but... I gave you up for a reason. I was not at a place in my life that I could care for you. There just wasn't enough room. I’m sorry but there still isn't any room for you. I have a husband and kids now. I could never explain you to them. I know this will hurt you but I must think of my family and myself. Sorry Jesse.

Your Mom,

 P.s. Please do not contact me anymore.

Jesse's face dropped as he swallowed a forming lump in his through. 

He slammed his laptop closed startling Scott and stood. "Cover for me." he told Scott and almost ran from the room.

Once alone in the stairwell he sat on a step and cried.

His heart was in pain, he couldn’t think straight all he ever wanted to was to get to know her and be a part of her life, he didn’t think it’d be too much to ask, was it too much? He didn’t know anymore and he didn’t care all he knew that his mother never wanted him when he was born, and never will now that he’s older. He didn’t fit into her lifestyle or her ‘new’ family. However, what hurt the most was that she didn’t want to ‘explain’ as she put it to her family. What hurt the most was that she was ashamed of him and couldn’t bear anyone in her new life to know about him. ‘I should’ve known better than to try and contact her, I should’ve just stayed away like Dad told me to!’ Jesse ran his hand through his hair as tears streamed down his eyes.

Just then the door opened making him jump and almost falling down the stairs if he didn’t catch himself, he quickly wiped his eyes, looked up, and saw Arie. He sighed, ‘Great... as if this night couldn’t get any worse…’

Arie looked at Jesse, it’d looked like he’d been crying well actually it was kind of obvious by his blood shot eyes, “What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Arie asked him concerned.

“Nothing, I’m fine and I wasn’t crying.” He said sharply.

“Uh, It’s a bit…” she paused searching for the dumbed down word, she really needed to get better and faster at dumbing things down. “ Obvious.”

“Well I wasn’t. What are you doing out by yourself anyways?” he asked trying to keep himself off topic

“You look like you’ve been crying your eyes are bloodshot and swollen, unless you’ve been drugs then it’s the signs that you’ve been crying and Ellie was being mean to me so I was gonna go for a walk around the hotel, wanna come? We can talk about whatever it disturbing you.” She explained.

“No.” Jesse replied looking away from her.

“Okay.” She said sitting beside him.

Jesse shook his head, he needed to be alone and not with some annoying little girl.

“What are you doing?” Jesse asked

“Sitting, silly!” Arie said shaking her head.

Jesse rolled his eyes, “Obviously. But why are you sitting, Ms. Know-it-all?”

Arie tried to ignore Jesse’s comment even though he had kind of hurt coming from him; normally she didn’t let it affect her so much what the older kids said about her but Jesse had always showed her kindness even in his teasing he was kind to her. “Sometimes it’s just nice to sit in silence with someone.” She replied.

“Well…A, we’re not silent and B, leave me the fuck alone.” Jesse said harshly.

Arie opened her mouth to say something but Jesse cut her off, “NO! I mean it! FUCK OFF! Just fuck! Go away, you annoying little brat! Just LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!” He yelled.

Tears sprung to Arie’s eyes, she couldn’t understand why he was acting this way, why he was acting like Scott so suddenly.

“JUST GO!” He yelled pointing at the door.

Arie stood up with tears streaming down her face, Jesse was the nice one out of the guys, no matter what he was always kind hearted towards her. Now, he was being so bitter towards her, she didn’t understand it. She ran out the door as more tears fell.

Jesse sighed and ran his hands through his hair, he knew he shouldn’t have been so mean towards Arie but he wanted to be alone and it was going to take forever for her to understand that and he didn’t have that kind of time not when all he wanted to do was just cry. And he wasn’t about to have a heart to heart about his Mom with Arie either or anyone for that matter. It’d be best if he just didn’t talk to anyone about it or even tell anyone what had happened.