- Text Size +

Nick Carter was shopping in Walmart, and in the sporting goods aisle. He was checking things out, on his day off, as he figured it never hurt to look at sporting equipment - no matter the store he was in. First he checked out the basketballs, then the golf balls, and then the footballs - his three favourite sports.

"Hmm....some of this shit ain't half bad," he mused, as he twirled a basketball on his finger. "Though, I all ready have, like, thirty basketballs lying around."

He placed the ball back on the rack, then moved onto the fishing and camping aisle. If only he'd known it'd be the last aisle he'd ever see.

He was looking at a fishing pole, when suddenly he heard a loud crash and people shouting. From what he could make out, someone had crashed something into the shelving behind him - which would explain the sound of metal crashing down. He turned and looked in surprise, as the shelving unit behind him, full of tents and other camping gear, came crashing down, stopping slighlty as it hit the shelving unit holding the fishing products.

"Holy shit!" Nick gasped, as he was ducked down, his hands held above his head, as he tried to prevent the shelving from crashing down upon him. "I've got to get out of here!"

He could hear people yelling for him to get out and make a run for it, but it was hard to run when hunched over so low. He could hear the shelving unit holding the fishing gear, buckling under the pressure of the camping shelving. He ran as fast as he could, glad nothing had landed on him, when falling off the shelves.

If only he hadn't tripped over a fallen tent box, he probably would've made it out of the aisle before the shelving came crashing down upon him. If only he'd thought to run faster. If only the shelving had not crushed his ribs, thus causing one to rupture his lungs, and cause internal bleeding. If only he'd never decided to check out the fishing gear. And if only those idiots had not crashed into the shelving.

If not for all of that, Nick Carter would not have been crushed to death in Walmart. 

Chapter End Notes:

Not the original idea I had, but this will do - lol.