- Text Size +

Be Careful What You Wish For

You know that old adage, “Be careful what you wish for cuz you just might get it”?  Well, now I believe it wholeheartedly.  This is my story. 

Coming home from a long day at work, I kicked off my shoes, changed my clothes, grabbed a bottle of water and plopped myself down in front of my computer.  I started browsing through my regular sites, catching up from what I’d missed that day.  Then I clicked open my hotmail.  There I found an email that made my insides start to turn inside out just by the subject line.  I quickly clicked the link, eager to see what it said.  Quickly scanning the email, I jumped up and screamed at the top of my voice....

“I WON!!!! I FRIGGEN WON!! I NEVER WIN ANYTHING! OHHHHHH MY GOOOOOD!!”

I began to shake after it had sunk in just what I had won.  My family came rushing in to see what all my excitement was about. 

“Well” I began, “I entered a contest a couple months ago....”Win a day with Nick Carter”.  And I won! I get to choose where we spend the day and what we do” I explained. 

“When does this take place?” my mom asked.

“Ummmm” I started scanning the email again. I got so excited about winning I didn’t finish reading the email.  “In two weeks” I replied. 

My next step was to fill out the questionnaire attached to the email with several questions on it, including what I want my day with Nick to entail.  I quickly filled it out. I had already though about it, never dreaming I’d actually win.  My dream was finally going to come true. 

For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved horses.  One of my biggest dreams was to go horseback riding along the beach.  Thanks to Nick, I will finally be able to mark that off my "Bucket list".  And after seeing an interview of his Malibu beachfront home, that was the place I chose to do it.  To just hang out with Nick at his home and just talk would be enough for me.

The two weeks flew by.  Before I knew it, I was standing at the airport saying goodbye to my family, about to depart on a trip of a lifetime.  My boarding call rang through the PA system and I walked down the ramp towards the plane. Finding my seat, I sat down and took my iPod out of my bag.  It was a long flight to LA from where I live, so I settled in to enjoy my flight.  I loved to fly so I was looking forward to it. 

I must have dozed off (having relatively NO sleep the night before..too excited!), I landed at LAX.  I gathered up my stuff and deboarded the plane.  Looking around, I saw a tall, dark haired guy holding a sign with my name on it.  I walked up to him and said my name and he reached out his hand and shook mine.

‘Hi, I’m Ben and I will be your driver.  I will be taking you to your hotel” he told me.

“Great to meet you Ben. I’m so excited to be here” I replied happily. 

“Follow me and we’ll get going” he said reaching down and taking my bag from me. 

I was only to be there 3 days. The day I got there, the day with Nick, and I was going home the following day.  So, the contest included 3 days at a swanky hotel.  I was almost looking more forward to the Jacuzzi tub in my room as to seeing Nick.  Ok, not really, but you know what I mean! 

Ben lead me to a long, stretch limousine. Now I was really excited. I’d never been in a limo before.  Ben opened the door for me and I climbed in.  I took time to take in my surroundings, enjoying the limo as Ben put my bag in the trunk, slammed it shut and walked around and got in the driver’s seat. 

It was a short drive to the hotel.  Ben got out, got my bag and opened my door. 

“I’ll be back in the morning at 7:00am to pick you up” he told me. 

“Thanks again Ben” I told him,as I handed him a $10.00 tip.  He quickly slapped away my money.  “That’s been all taken care of” he told me.  I put the money back in my purse and headed into the hotel.  After a quick check in, I headed up to my room.  Opening the door, I let out a gasp.  It was huge! I ran over and jumped in the middle of the king sized bed and let out a squeal of joy.  I still couldn’t believe this was happening! 

After a long soak in the Jacuzzi tub with lots and lots of bubbles, I headed to bed.  Tomorrow as gonna be a long day.  The bed was as soft as it was large.  After a quick call the to family to say good night, I snuggled down and fell asleep fast. 

Getting up the next morning, I got dressed quickly, did my hair and limited make up and headed downstairs to meet Ben. I found him waiting for me just outside the hotel. 

“Good morning” he greeted me as he opened the door to the limo.

“Good morning” I chirped as I bounced my way to the car.  “How long a drive is it?” I asked.

“Not too long.  Did you eat breakfast?” he asked.

“No, I’m way too nervous to eat” I replied. 

“Good, cuz Mr. Carter wanted to eat breakfast with you” he told me.

“Oh God, I have to EAT in front of him?” I quipped. 

Ben just laughed. I slipped into the limo and he shut the door and got in and drove away.

About a half hour drive, he pulled up in front of a row of beachfront homes.  He got out and opened my door.  As I stepped out, I looked up to see Nick decending from stairs of a condo looking home.  I froze.  “This is it” I mentally told myself. 

“Hey!” Nick yelled as he walked up to me. 

“Hi” I said shyly. 

“Thanks Ben.  Don’t worry about coming back for her. I’ll drive her back to her hotel myself.” Nick told Ben.  Ben shook his head, waved at me, then left.

“So”, Nick said, “horseback riding on the beach uh? I’m not too great on a horse.  I may need your help”

“Its been a while for me too, but I’m sure it will come back to me fast.  I can’t thank you enough for this Nick” I said.  I was shocked at how comfortable I was talking to him. Any time I have talked to him before, I clammed up tight. 

“Well, hope your hungry, I have a full course breakfast waiting inside. We are gonna need our energy today.” he said.  He grabbed my hand and led me inside. 

After a quick tour of the house, and my eyes bugging out of my head, we sat down and ate.  Having a nice back and forth conversation, I found him quite easy to talk to one on one.  We cleaned up breakfast and headed to his car.  I guess where the horses were kept we had to drive to.  It only took 15 minutes and we were there.  Getting out the car, I saw two horses, one black as midnight and the other a buckskin,  saddled and ready to go.  Thankfully, they were dressed in western tack.  A western saddle was much easier to sit in than English especially on a sandy, rough beach.  Nick walked over and talked to the guy standing near the horses.  I walked over to them and started petting the black one’s muzzle.  I have always loved black horses.  I claimed that one as mine.  Nick walked over to me.

“So, ready to hit the beach?” he asked. “I’m guessing you are taking the black one.” he chuckled.

“Yeah, if you don’t mind. Its always been my favorite color horse.” I told him.

“Yeah, I know. You mentioned it in your email.  If you notice, both horses are the color your said in your questionnaire.” he said.

“Well I’ll be damned. I didn’t even notice.  Thanks Nick” I said.

“No problem. Let’s mount up and get going” he said

Now, it’d been a while since I’ve ridden, but I mounted with ease.  Nick, on the other hand, had a bit of trouble.  After finally getting on the buckskin gelding, you could tell he wasn’t at his more comfortable place.  I chuckled to myself. 

We began down the beach at a slow pace.  We just talked and enjoyed each other’s company.  We then steered the horses down to the water.  Kicking my horse’s sides, I took off at a gallop.  Nick followed my lead.  Racing through the water, splashing wildly, I felt freer than I’d had in a long time.  Slowing the horses down, we walked again for a bit. 

“Nick, I can’t tell you how much this means to me. I’ve had such a great day today with you.  I can’t thank you enough” I told him.

“Its been a pleasure meeting you too. This has actually been fun” he replied.

We were coming up to the end of the beach where there were some woods.  Nick kicked, suddenly, took off on his horse.  I followed suit, trying to catch up with him.  He steered his horse into the woods. 

“Nick!” I shouted, laughing “wait for me!”

I could barely see him up ahead of me.  I seen him laying low beside the horse’s neck.  Wondering what was going on, I rode towards him.  I didn’t even know it happened.  I didn’t feel a thing.  All I know is now I’m standing there, staring at my now headless body, blood gushing from the arteries from where my head used to bed.  My head had rolled a few feet away, coming to rest at a tree trunk, a shocked look frozen on my face.


*late last night*

Nick walked around the woods looking for the perfect place.  He finally found it.  Two trees close enough together but far enough apart.  He reached into his back pocket and pulled out the piano wire he had brought.  He tied it to the two trees then tied a white handkerchief around one of the branches so he would know where to find his surprise for his guest fan.  “She’s really gonna loose her head over me” he laughed to himself. He walked back to his car and went home for a good night’s rest, waiting for his next victim to arrive. 


*present time*

Nick walked over to my body, gave it and gave it a kick. Laughing maliciously, he said...

“Five down and many, many, many more to go”

Chapter End Notes:

This really IS a dream of mine. Perhaps I need to reconsider that now..lol