- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please bear with me on this one. I know that this is not as good as the two previous chapter but I'll make it up on the next chap.... Nicky's first mission *wink*
January 27, 2005
Never Gone Tour
Lakeside Pavillion at Northerly Island
Chicago, IL

“Three hours?”

I looked at Jen, our tour manager, with disbelief. Who in earth could possibly enjoy a birthday celebration in just three freaking hours? The concert just ended, and I was planning to take the guys out to celebrate my 25th birthday.

“I’m actually being generous here, Carter.” She answered with a smirk.

“This is a major milestone in my life, Jen. I am going to celebrate my silver anniversary on Earth.”

Brian snickered behind me. I couldn’t understand why he thought the silver anniversary thing was funny. I considered myself genius for coming up with it. He was just jealous he didn’t think of it when he celebrated his 25th.

“Either take my offer or celebrate your silver anniversary on your hotel room. You have early radio interviews tomorrow, and you cannot show up there wasted.” Jen used her authoritative voice on me.

I rolled my eyes when I heard the word wasted. It wouldn’t be possible with a recovering alcoholic and a strict Christian around. Not to forget Kevin who would probably watch me like a hawk.

“Why don’t we just celebrate your birthday tomorrow, Nick? Tomorrow is your actual birthday, anyway.” Brian suggested

“You guys have free time in the afternoon after the interviews. We’ll leave for Minneapolis tomorrow night.” Jen added.

“And what kind of celebration can we do in the middle of the afternoon?” I raised my eyebrow, almost afraid to hear Brian’s answer.

“Well, you could treat us an expensive early dinner. There are lots of good restaurant here in Chicago.” Brian’s eyes lit up, he’d been wanting to check out Charlie Trotter’s, and he’d used my birthday as an excuse.

“Hell, No. I want to celebrate my birthday tonight at Excalibur Night club.” I bluntly rejected his idea, and looked at Jen. “Three hours it is.” I answered in a defeated tone.

“Awesome. Since you’re planning to leave at 11 pm, be sure to be in the hotel on or before 2 am. Clear?” The look on her face reminded me of the teacher I hated the most.

“Whatever.” I said and walked away. After a much needed shower, I'd be ready to go.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I stifled a yawn while looking at the guys who were laughing like there was no tomorrow. We have been around each other 24/7 for the past three weeks, but we still talk to each other like we haven’t seen each other in like ten years. I shook my head when I heard AJ threw a lame joke then Howie and Brian laughed out loud. Don’t get me wrong, I loved these guys to death but I was getting bored.

Briad had managed to reserve a small private room in Excalibur night club. He ordered sumptuous dinner and a couple bottle of beers; AJ had ice tea, which was good. We just spent the last hour talking about random things, work related stuff was not included.

I excused myself and went to the rest room. I felt my phone vibrated in my pocket when I was couple of steps away from the rest room. It only meant one thing; I was officially twenty-five years old. I smiled; setting my alarm clock at midnight was a good idea.

I suddenly felt dizzy, I had to stop walking and steady my balance. I leaned against the wall and pressed my hand in my forehead to keep the room from spinning. It felt funny when I started feeling hot all over my body, felt like I was running a high fever or something. I couldn’t hold it anymore, I took one last deep breath and then everything went dark.



“Good afternoon, party pooper.”

I quickly shut my eyes again when the brightness of the sun hurt my eyes.

“Close the damn curtains, J.” I complained

“The curtains are closed, dumbass. Open your eyes and see it for yourself.”

“Then turn off the fucking lights.” I shot back with my eyes still closed.

“The lights aren’t on either. It’s freaking two o’clock in the afternoon.” He answered, irritated.

I slowly opened my eyes and tried to adjust them with the brightness of the room. I saw AJ and Brian sitting on the edge of my bed. They looked different to me, though they still looked the same. Something was wrong in my damn eyes.

“What happened?” I demanded when I realized we were back in my hotel room.

“You passed out on us.” Brian answered with a concerned look on his face.

“Nick Carter couldn’t handle two bottles of beer now. That was news to us.” AJ teased “Happy Birthday by the way.”

“Today is your official silver anniversary on earth.” Brian grinned “Happy Birthday, Nicky.”

“I can’t remember anything.” I answered

“You were on your way to the rest room when you passed out. It was nothing serious so we didn’t bring you to the hospital. Interviews were cancelled, Jen advised to let you rest.” Brian explained

Then it hit me, I remembered the funny feeling before everything went dark. I was sure something has changed in my body; I just couldn’t pinpoint it. I was sleeping for fourteen freaking hours.

“We could still continue the celebration.” Howie was holding a chocolate cake when he entered the room with Kevin. The guys started to sing the birthday song in a horrible off key manner.

“Thank you, guys.”

I smiled; Screw the night out, celebrating my birthday with these guys whom I love so much was the best thing that could happen on my silver anniversary. I couldn’t be any happier.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading! :)