- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Nick is backstage at a concert on his solo tour, thinking of how his life has come to this moment. How he has lost so much. Why he is going to do what he is considering doing.

 I looked at myself in the mirror. She was right, I had let myself go.

 "I am sorry, Nick." Britney explained. Being the pop star she was, it was a trooper of her to let me open her show. Her all dressed in black sequence and glitter and that Farrah Facett hair style. "But the best thing to do is talk to that girl. Even Brian told me the other day by phone ya'll haven't been yourseleves lately." She told me, as she gave me her chocolate milkshake, which I could tell she had barely touched.

 "But it is so crazy!" I exclaimed. In my simple white blouse top and black tie. "But your not even you anymore, Nick." She said. "Where's the AC/DC guy that everyone loves? You don't even try to have fun anymore, not even on computer games." She told me. "Your like super sad, and I know about the heart thing and that is tough. But you might have to do it." She told me.

 "When the locals are done opening here for Ohia'. Britney told me after giving me a tight hug. "I'll tell the fans, you found her and yourself again." She said with a smile. Once she saw the small tears in my eyes.

"Now stick with it sweetie." As she gave me a huge hug and big southern kiss on the cheek and a laugh as I changed into my street clothes and left the show to go find the girl that had found me and as I changed my clothes and quit that show that day. I knew it. I just totally knew it. From the beginning, it was pre-destined, pre-ordained, God made us in each others lives for some reason, and this is how it went, in our beginnings...