- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The fun continues! Enjoy the update, its a bit long :)
Chapter 15


Nick sat on the airplane about an hour or two later, reading a magazine and tapping his foot nervously on the chair in front of him. His nerves were shot thinking of Amanda being in labor and him not there to see any of it. He was there for Celine's birth, loved every second. Seeing his daughter being born was one of the best moments of his life, looking into that little face made everything worth it. Nick loved kids and having a family was something he dreamed of even as a child. He wanted to be a dad more than anything....to give his kids what he didn't have growing up. He had a relationship with his father now....but as a child was pretty much on his own with an abusive mother. Nick had learned early on to take care of himself.


"Attention passengers, due to a equipment malfunction we are making an emergency landing. Please put your seats back into their upright positions and prepare for landing." the stewardess announced. Nick rolled his eyes and sighed as the seat belt light came on...this was not going the way he planned.



"He's not coming, Brian!" Amanda said tearfully. The contractions had lessened a bit but she was still in labor....they had been at the hospital almost three hours.

"You need to calm down. I will find out what is going on with Nick and if AJ knows anything yet." Brian told her before leaving the room. AJ was out in the waiting room with Aaron and Celine, who was sitting on the floor playing with a stuffed animal and giggling.

"Did you hear from Nick?" Brian asked.

"No, last I heard he left LA and is on his way. How is Amanda?" AJ told him, keeping an eye on Celine.

"She's very worried Nick won't make it to see his son." Brian said.
"How do you know what it is?" Aaron asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Amanda just told me. AJ, find out where Nick is and how long he will be....I can't exactly tell the baby to stay in." Brian sighed in frustration.

"Yeah, I tried that...didn't work. This is all your fault!" Aaron said, hitting AJ on the arm. Brian walked back to the delivery room...it was going to be an interesting couple of hours.



"What do you MEAN, there are no available flights?" Nick half shouted, startling the woman at the ticket counter who had bleached blonde hair and a bad tan. Nick thought she looked like an oompa loompa with her orange skin and snickered to himself.

"I just told you. I'm sorry if you couldn't process that information. Have a good day." the lady snapped. Nick scoffed and walked away from her, calling her a bitch under his breath as he took out his phone.

"Yello." AJ answered on the second ring. It sounded like he was at the hospital.

"Dude...we got a big problem." Nick hissed.

"Where in god's name are you? Amanda's in fucking labor!" AJ whispered.

"I'm in Texas....I think." Nick replied. He wasn't quite sure where he was but guessed he was at the Houston airport.

"You think?! Nick....either you are or you aren't. Why the hell are you in Texas?" AJ demanded. Nick looked around the busy airport in frustration...he didn't know what to do, all the flights to Miami were booked and there were none going to Orlando until hours later.

"We had to land. There's no flights to Florida. What do I do?" Nick asked, running a hand through his hair.

"You're Nick Carter, aren't you? You're famous. Use it for once." AJ said.

"I don't know if I can do that."

"Don't give me that, Nick. Grow some balls, march up to that counter and start bitching."

"Okay. See you soon." Nick sighed. He put his blackberry in his pocket and took a deep breath before approaching the counter. The blonde stared at him with icy eyes.

"Can I help you?" she snapped.

"I really would appreciate it if you could get me on a flight to Miami as soon as possible." Nick said politely. So much for growing balls. The blonde typed rapidly on her computer and smiled at him...but it was laced with sarcasm.

"I'm sorry SIR, but there are no available flights. Guess you're out of luck." she snapped. Nick clenched his fists and leaned on the counter, smiling at her.

"Excuse me....ah....Audrey....but you don't seem to know who I am. My wife is in labor and it is really important that I get to Florida." he said delicately, reading her name tag. Audrey's green eyes narrowed but she wasn't smiling anymore.

"I know exactly who you are but I can't help you." she snapped, looking at the computer and ignoring him.

"I'm Nick fucking Carter and I need a flight to Florida NOW! I don't care! Get me on a goddamn plane!" Nick shouted, slamming his hand on the counter and making several customers look at him.

"Well...if you hadn't left your wife at home during her ninth month of pregnancy, you wouldn't be in this situation, now would you? Wow, what a great neglectful father you must be. You can sit your ass down and wait like everyone else. I am not bumping a passenger for some spoiled pop star like you." Audrey sneered. Nick was shaking from anger at this point.

"I wasn't asking to bump anyone and you don't know anything about me or my life." he shouted.

"I know enough to know that you don't care about your wife and left her alone to go to LA. You're irresponsible." she told him icily.

"Audrey, what is the problem over here?" a man in a suit asked as he walked over. Nick read his name tag and saw that he was a supervisor. Before Audrey could speak, Nick interrupted her.

"She has been very unhelpful and I don't appreciate being talked to like I am nothing. I'm a customer." Nick said angrily.

"I have warned you about this before, and you have already been reprimanded numerous times for poor customer service. Clock out and go home, your services are no longer needed." the manager said before turning to Nick, who smiled.

"I am so sorry, Mr. Carter. Unless someone is willing to give up their seat...I'm afraid there is nothing we can do. We can get you on a flight later today if you wish."

"Thank you, sir. I needed to get home...we didn't plan on the baby coming early." Nick replied, his eyes watering as the manager apologized again and walked away. Nick wiped his eyes and looked around, running a hand through his hair. All he wanted to do was cry....he felt humiliated and was kicking himself for everything. He sat down on a bench, his head in his hands....tears falling. He was going to miss the baby being born and there was nothing he could do.


"Are you Nick Carter?" a voice asked moments later. Nick blinked at a young girl in her twenties standing in front of her....wearing a shirt with him on it. Nick was not in the mood to deal with some star struck fan.

"Yes I am. Look, I'm sorry...but I am going through something right now and it is not a good time..." he said shakily, feeling horrible for allowing himself to be vulnerable in front of a fan. The girl was pretty, reddish blonde hair and blue eyes.

"I couldn't help overhear your problem, Nick....I'd like to help you..." she said calmly. She held a plane ticket in her hands.

"Yeah, I'm sorry you saw that. My wife is in labor with our second child now, I am gonna miss it because I was an idiot and now I'm stuck here." Nick replied with a sigh. The girl put a hand on his shoulder, he felt calm after a moment of silence.

"My name is Lisa. I was flying to Miami to see your show at the club...but you need this ticket more than I do." the girl said, smiling. Nick gaped at her, shocked that a fan would do this without question.

"I....I can't take that from you...you paid for that flight." he muttered.

"Look, I already missed the other flight and I just bought this ticket. In an hour you can board and be home with Amanda. I can always go another time. This is important to you. Please, just take it." Lisa drawled. Nick was so overcome with emotion that he hugged her, wrapping his long arms around her body. He heard her squeal slightly and laughed when he let go, her face pink.

"This means so much to me. Look. I will pay for your flight. When you get to Miami....call this number. They will take care of you." Nick said as he wrote her a check and a phone number. He got the ticket changed to his name by the supervisor and ran to the terminal with a smile on his face....Daddy was on his way home.