- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
New chapter. Hope you all enjoy. Drama continues!
Chapter 21


Nick stared at his mother from his spot in the doorway, remembering the last time she had been there.


"You're not taking Aaron....what are you doing here?" he demanded. He refused to show weakness in front of Jane....refused to even show he was afraid of her.

The truth was, he was scared to death of his own mother.

"I didn't come for that, sweetie. I came to talk to you." Jane explained calmly, sitting down on the couch. She motioned for him to come and sit down, but Nick stayed in his spot, his hands trembling slightly.

"After everything you've done to me? Why the sudden....why the sudden change of heart?" he asked. Nick moved slowly towards the couch and sat down, running a hand through his hair. He forgot that Lisa was still watching.....that a fan was still in the room.

"Nickolas, I know I have not been the best mother-"

"You weren't a mother to me at all. Don't start that pity shit, it won't get you anywhere." Nick hissed. Jane's expression did not change, but he saw her mouth twinge a little, as if she had a bad taste inside.

"I am sorry for what I did. I came to talk to you because I have paid my debt to society and wish to bring our family together again. I don't expect to be forgiven for anything I've done to you.....but just require your acceptance. You were my first born....I wish I could take everything back." she said softly. Nick watched her, not sure what to say. His mother had abused him for 10 years....10 years of being told nobody would love him, that he was worthless....


"I don't know, m- mom." he whispered, his voice breaking calling her that. In Nick's mind he never had a mother. A real mother wouldn't have tried to starve him to death, wouldn't have hit him every day, wouldn't have left the scars he bore on his back or arms.

"I know this must be hard on you, sweetheart, but we can talk this out and work through it." Jane told him, placing a hand on his shoulder. It was then that the atmosphere in the room changed. Flashes of images raced through Nick's mind, his heart began beating quicker as he felt a panic attack coming on. A small child cried out in pain....





"Mommy, please don't hurt me anymore! I'm sorry!"



"You little shit. I expected the dishes done when I got home.....you're gonna regret this!"


He felt himself being dragged across the floor, towards the basement as he pleaded and begged for mercy....



"Nick?"




Lisa watched Nick go rigid, clutching his head as he began to cry. Jane didn't seem fazed, she was talking to him as if nothing was happening.

"Don't make me go down there!" Nick begged, sobbing.

"Nickolas, come on. Look at me!" Jane shouted, shaking him. Lisa ran to the phone and quickly dialed Amanda's number.....hoping she would answer.

"Hello?" Amanda said on the third ring.

"You need to come home right away." Lisa drawled, watching the scene unfold in front of her. She had no idea what was happening with Nick and felt she was about to lose her job.

"What is going on over there?" Amanda asked when she heard the commotion.

"Everything was going fine until she touched his arm. This woman came and said she was his mother...." Lisa said.

"His....his mother? Oh god. I will be right there!" Amanda shouted before hanging up. Jane and Nick were still fighting when Lisa returned to the room, Nick at her feet sobbing.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HIM, JANE!" Amanda screamed not even five minutes later, running through the door. Jane looked up, her hand rubbing Nick's back as she tried to calm him....but she was making it worse.

"Amanda. This is a surprise..." Jane said sweetly. Amanda pushed her away and put her arms around Nick, whispering to him.

"Don't make me go...." he pleaded, tears flooding his eyes.

"How dare you come here. You're not welcome in our home." Amanda hissed, looking at Jane. If looks could kill, she might have murdered Nick's mother on the spot.

"I am not here to make trouble....I came to talk to my son is all. I didn't know he was going to have an episode. If he wants to continue our chat he can find me here." Jane scoffed, leaving a paper on the coffee table. Ever since Nick was a child, she didn't like Amanda being near him, she felt it was her fault Nick was taken away from her at 15.

"Get out before I call the police and do not come near him again. You've done enough." Amanda said. She saw Lisa running upstairs out of the corner of her eye, but she'd take care of that later. Right now she needed to comfort her husband.

"Baby, shhh. She's gone now," Amanda said in a soothing noise, holding Nick like he was a small child. She was surprised Nick had reacted to his mother's touch in this manner but assumed it was a psychological thing triggered by his child abuse.

"Oh my god." he whispered finally, blinking at his wife. He started to get his bearings and breathe normally again.

"Are you all right? What was she doing here?" Amanda asked. Nick got up shakily, one hand on his head.

"My head is killing me." was all he would tell her.

"Go lie down. I will get you some aspirin and we will talk about this a bit later, baby." Amanda replied. She led Nick to their bedroom and he laid down, falling asleep after a few moments. As she headed back downstairs, she heard Lisa crying down the hallway.


"Lisa?" she asked once she reached the room. Lisa was busily packing a suitcase and sobbing, her eyes bright red with tears.

"I'm so sorry.....I shouldn't have let his mother here and I caused so much trouble!" she said once she noticed Amanda standing there.

"Why are you packing?"

"Obviously I screwed up, didn't I? I figured once Nick comes to he will fire me...."

"No, Lisa. He's just been through a hard time with her, and I don't know what triggered any of this. Nick's never acted like this before. You're not going anywhere." Amanda said, giving her a warm hug. Now that Jane had shown up, Amanda knew their lives were about to be turned upside down. What were her true motives for being there? None of it made sense.

"She wasn't doing anything to him. They were just talking and she put her hand on his arm. That's when he freaked out. Why doesn't he like his mother? He's never mentioned his family before...." Lisa began to say but Amanda raised her hand.

"All of it will come clear soon. Nick has always been a private person, only few know about his childhood. You will find out soon enough. I'm going to go and check on him." Amanda replied before leaving the room. Nick was laying down, but looked up when his wife walked into the room.

"Feeling any better?" she asked.

"I'm so sorry this happened. My....well she just wanted to talk about our past. I guess maybe it was too soon. But is it bad for me to want to talk to her?" Nick asked softly.

"Don't be sorry. Nick....I don't like the idea of her being around, she is up to something and I don't want her near our family." Amanda said.

"Okay." Nick replied, his eyes searching. He seemed to be in thought but didn't speak anymore.

"We are going to have to tell AJ and Lisa the truth....everything now that she has come back into your life. They need to know who Jane Carter is." Amanda said, kissing him gently on the forehead.

"I don't know if Lisa can handle this, she's still a fan." Nick whispered.

"We will have a family meeting later. When you feel a bit better." Amanda said. She left Nick to go and check on the children.....leaving Nick alone. But as the minutes passed, Nick wondered.....was it so bad that he wanted to see his mother again?