- Text Size +
Amanda was busily getting things ready at the nightclub, checking over everything and prepping for the band to rehearse that afternoon. She loved running the club, it was something Nick had given her but she did all the work herself and she felt a sense of accomplishment about it all. It was not the hottest club in the area but it was still very successful. As she did paperwork, her phone buzzed with a text. and she picked it up.

“Did you get a new car and not tell me, lol?"



Why would Brian ask something so silly? Amanda laughed, thinking he was playing a joke on her.


“No, why???”

“There's a weird car in your driveway.”


Amanda sat for a moment, thinking. Maybe it was someone there to meet with Nick. It didn't mean anything.

“I'm sure it's nothing.”

“I'll keep an eye out.”


Amanda set the phone down and continued her work, trying to keep herself from thinking something was off with her husband. Nick wouldn't screw around. He wasn't like that.

There was nothing to worry about.


“Don't you have to leave for rehearsal soon?” Savannah asked when Nick had finished showing her some stuff in the recording studio. He'd just gotten done recording some vocals and shown her how he edited it, the production side of things. She was fascinated by the way he explained everything. His voice was so calming.

“Oh, you're right. Would you like to come and see my rehearsal? I'm sure my wife won't mind you being there.”

“She is really lucky to have someone like you.” Savannah smiled.

“I've known my wife since we were ten. So I guess I'm the lucky one, not her.”

She didn't really want to meet Amanda, but Savannah figured that if Nick wanted that to happen she might as well. She drove over to the club behind Nick, following him and thinking the whole time what it would be like to date him. She could really put her foot in the music industry with a boyfriend that was already famous. Nick probably could help her a lot. Howie had told her some of the things that mentoring could do for her and she liked it. Getting to know Nick Carter was just the tip of things.

She wanted the whole enchilada.


“Wow, baby. You're a half hour early.” Amanda joked when she saw Nick walk into the club. He usually ran late or came right on time so for him to be early and with coffee it was a surprise. He handed her a latte that he'd bought her and kissed her on the cheek.

“I brought by a guest, is that okay?”

Amanda sipped her coffee, it was a hazelnut latte just the way she liked it. Nick almost always brought her a coffee when he came to rehearsal..

“Sure. Did you invite fans again like last week? Cause if you did, you'll have to-”

Amanda stopped joking when Savannah walked in. She was beautiful. Young and brunette wearing nice clothes that accentuated certain areas. Amanda completely trusted Nick but for some reason her guard was up right away.

Savannah saw the smile slide off Amanda's face as she walked into the room and had to stop herself from giggling. She had made Amanda Carter very uncomfortable and she loved every moment of it.

“This is Savannah. I'm mentoring her…Howie set it up because he saw how things worked out between JC and me and he wants me to give back to newer artists. Savannah just got signed to the same label I'm on.”

Amanda set her coffee down and shook Savannah’s hand…it was like ice just like her stare. She could tell this girl did not like her at all.

“Nice to meet you,” Savanah said.

“Nick, can I borrow you for a second? In the office?”

Nick nodded and followed her into the office…very confused. He could tell there was tension but didn't know why.

“Nick-”

“I'm sorry that I didn't tell you she was coming, but I thought it would be nice for you to meet her. She was at the studio today and I had to leave so I invited her down to see rehearsal.” he said once the door was closed.

No wonder Brian saw a strange car at the house today. It was her.

“Wait. She was at the house? Nick, I don't mind if she is working with you but you could have told me.”

“I'm sorry, baby. I just thought of it kind of last minute. I didn't mean to upset you or anything.”

This was not a full lie but he knew he should have listened to AJ.

“That's okay, just next time tell me because I don't want the neighbors to get ideas. I already had Brian ask me who's car was in the driveway. You know he looks out when I'm not home because he cares about the kids. Just be more careful.” Amanda said, relieved that Nick was telling her the truth. This was something she liked about Nick, he knew he was a terrible liar.

Nick leaned down and kissed her on the cheek, holding her waist with his hand.

“I'm just glad you're not upset with me.”

“No, but I don't think Savannah likes me very much.” Amanda said as she kissed him back.

Nick laughed, relaxing his shoulders.

“I think you're just imagining it. She's a nice girl. She's got a great voice too. You should hear her sing. I think she's got it in her to blow up the radio big time, she just has to get her foot in the door.” he said.

The two of them left the office and went out to the stage area again, where the band was setting up for rehearsal. Savannah watched them, as Nick took the stage and she stood next to Amanda.

“So Nick told me he's mentoring you?” Amanda asked, trying to keep things friendly and making small talk.

“Yes, singing is my dream. I just got signed to the label Nick is on and Howie is also my manager. He thought that Nick could help me start off. Nick is so talented and I feel really happy to work with him.” Savannah said.

“That's great. Nick will definitely help you out, he's very good at what he does.”

“I'm looking forward to seeing for myself. I've been dreaming of this since I was little.”

As they talked, Amanda couldn't help but wonder if that was all Savannah was after.