- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay in updating. We are almost at the final chapter of this series. Hope you all enjoy this update.
Brian had been following Lisa and Nick’s family Disney adventures for the last few days and he knew she did not suspect he was there at all. Nick had gotten him tickets to the park and booked him on the floor above the family at the Boardwalk Inn so that Lisa would not see him. He hated lying to her and telling her he was just simply busy with a case, but he couldn’t wait to give her the ring in his pocket. It had been almost a year since they’d met online and it had been a whirlwind once she moved to Florida.


When Brian had signed up for the Star Wars role play group, it was late at night on Facebook sometime after he and Amanda had broken up and he was bored without anyone to spend time with. He wanted to fill the gap and so he joined Star Wars Unlimited. A person on there had started a role play session and he thought it would be interesting to try, so he became Han Solo. Rather….NerfHerder22. He liked having a secret identity online that nobody knew about and spent many nights on the chat room after work talking to his new friends. Sure, he liked Nick and AJ and Amanda but these people were different and he had fun. So a couple months into role playing Han Solo he met Lisa, who had signed on to play Leia. They got to talking outside of the Star Wars chat and hit it off right away. Brian was a bit hesitant once he added her on Facebook and learned she was a fan of Nick’s. That sent up a red flag for many reasons so he tried to find out more. He hoped she didn’t know who he was.

NerfHerder22: I noticed you’re a fan of Nick Carter.

Organa345: I am, is that okay? I know you said you weren’t really into pop music.

Initially Brian hesitated for the fact that Nick’s fans often found out who he was and tried to get close. They wanted to use him to get to Nick, and many of them were crazy or stalkers...sometimes both like Savannah. Many of them were nice but Brian did not want to use Nick’s fame to get himself dates and often rejected the girls advances especially at the club when he would stop by to see Nick’s set.

NerfHerder22: So are you ever going to come and see his show down here? I’d love to finally meet you….my friend owns the club where he plays. We could go see it together.

Organa345: I would love to meet you too. Do you like his music?

NerfHerder22: You could say I’m a fan, I guess. Haha.

They’d exchanged phone numbers and started talking on the phone, long calls about random things that slowly evolved into video chats. She was beautiful and Brian could feel himself developing strong feelings for this girl, but he was scared. He was scared simply because he’d been hurt before and he wasn’t ready for that kind of rejection so soon. Amanda turning him down after he had confessed his love for her was bad enough, but he almost ruined Nick’s marriage by letting his feelings get in the way of his friendship with Amanda. They’d since gotten over it but Brian was very hesitant. He knew he was hurting Lisa by having his guard up, but he hoped that this proposal would show her that he really was in love with her even though he had not fully expressed his feelings just yet. Nick had coached him a little bit before he had finally settled on the ring, and he had carried it in his pocket for a while now. He would think over and over how he would propose and never could get a right moment to do it, until Nick suggested Disney World. This was the perfect place. It was all going down tomorrow night. When Brian would tell Lisa exactly how he felt.

Looking in the mirror, he felt like he was going to throw up. He suddenly realized how Nick felt when he was going to marry Tracy. His nerves were already shot and he hadn’t even seen her yet.


This was not going to be easy.



“Lisa, you can do whatever you like for the afternoon if you want, Nick and I are going to take the kids to the pool so if you want you can go back to the park and ride some rides.” Amanda smiled, seeing that Lisa looked a little bored. Nick was trying to get Celine to put on her bathing suit but she was throwing a tantrum and Amanda was amused.



“Baby please...Daddy just wants to help.” Nick pleaded.

“Do you need help with Celine?” Amanda giggled. Lisa held back a snicker. Nick usually had a handle on things but today he was struggling. They could both tell he was tired from the two other tantrums Celine had earlier in the day, the first being the fact that she couldn’t say hi to Tigger because he was leaving for the afternoon and the second time because she had dropped her ice cream. Nick had bought her a new one and a balloon before she calmed down, something that Amanda told him he should stop doing so she would not be too spoiled. Nick privately agreed, he just felt embarrassed that his daughter was crabby.



Nick sighed and picked his daughter up, shushing her as she wailed.

“I think someone is getting tired.”

“You, or Celine?” Amanda asked playfully, picking up Bryan. Nick rolled his eyes at his wife while she laughed. Nick definitely felt tired from their long day but he didn’t mind lounging by the pool for a while. He was looking forward to relaxing and was thankful his son was not making any noise. Bryan was quiet, his brown eyes on his father and sister. The baby boy was usually well behaved and Amanda was very glad he had a peaceful demeanor because Celine sometimes got very cranky if she did not have her afternoon nap.

Lisa left Nick and Amanda and went to the bus stop outside of the hotel, hoping to make something out of this vacation for herself. Brian watched her from the window of his room, wishing he could just go down and join her. He knew that it would have to wait until tomorrow night in Hollywood Studios...he knew when he was going to propose and he wanted to make it perfect. Sitting at the desk in the hotel room, he went to work on writing out what he wanted to say, spending a good portion of the evening by himself even though Nick asked him if he wanted to hang out.

Tomorrow was the big day and his nerves were shot. He just hoped that it worked the way he wanted it to.