- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you all enjoy this chapter! Feedback is appreciated as always!
Chapter 9


Since JC had gone to Miami to help out at Amanda's nightclub.....Nick was free to work on his music alone. As much as he liked to write and record....Nick was incredibly lonely in LA. He didn't like the open layout of JC's apartment. Nick remembered recording his first album here, when he was only 18. Now he was 26 and getting ready to do a third one. After JC had encouraged him to work on the song some more, Nick had finally finished writing what he titled Falling Down, a song that had deep personal meaning to it....a song he hoped would help the healing process some more. In addition to writing, Nick also spent a lot of time on the phone with his wife, he would check on her every day when he could.

"Nicky, I am fine. The baby is healthy....and you will be home soon. Don't worry so much." Amanda would tell him.

"I should be home in about two weeks. The time flew by so fast, baby. I can't wait to see you again. How is Celine?" Nick asked, hearing his daughter in the background.

"Say hi to daddy, Celine."

"Daddy?" Celine asked. Nick smiled with tears in his eyes. Celine was growing more and more each day....she could walk and was beginning to talk on her own, she was a smart girl.

"Hey, baby girl. Daddy misses you." Nick replied.

"Mama miss you."

"I know, Celine...you take care of mommy and the baby....okay?"

"Kay." Celine giggled and Amanda came back onto the line.

"I miss you so much, Nick." she said. The two of them talked for a while before AJ came into the room, holding his car keys.

"Ready to go?" he asked. Amanda was due for an ultrasound, she was nearly 7 and a half months along now.

"Yes, Jay." she said, and he helped her out to his red pickup truck. He drove Amanda to her appointments since Nick was away, and had been a great help to the family as he always was.

"I can't believe this little one will be here soon." Amanda said, rubbing her growing belly as they drove to the doctor's office.

"Do you know what it is yet?" AJ asked, helping her out and walking her inside. Amanda frowned, she and Nick had decided to wait until the baby was born to find out the sex and the decision had not been easy for her. Part of her was still curious and wondered if the baby was a little boy like she and Nick were hoping for. Amanda knew that this boy would look like Nick, it seemed with Celine that his features were more dominant than hers. Celine had inherited her father's blonde hair and blue eyes....her father's smile. Nick had tried to disagree, but everyone said that it was obvious who the baby's father was.

"Mrs Carter....the baby is developing very well....as you can see from the ultrasound." the doctor said as she showed Amanda the image on the screen. Amanda felt her eyes water when she saw the baby inside of her....healthy and normal.

"Would you like to know what this little one will be?"

"Sorry?" Amanda said, blinking as her thoughts were interrupted.

"Would you like to know the sex of the baby?" the doctor asked. Amanda sat there as she looked at the picture, grinning. She knew already what the answer would be.




Nick waited to board his flight back home to Miami....he was looking forward to being home with his family.

"Nick!!!!" Aaron said, wrapping his arms around his big brother as he walked in the house that afternoon.

"Hey, kiddo." Nick laughed. He ruffled the 13 year old's hair and was met with his golden retriever, wagging her tail and barking excitedly.

"Did Michelle miss daddy?" Nick said as he bent down to receive a slobbery kiss from his dog.

"Baby, you're home!" Amanda exclaimed. Nick held her tight and kissed her passionately, Amanda smiling the whole time. She felt whole again now that her husband had come home.

"God I missed you. Is everything okay here?" Nick asked, walking into the kitchen with her.

"Doctor says the baby is healthy and everything is fine. I am just happy to see you." Amanda replied.

"Great. Well, the album is finished recording, I have to do some photo shoots in Orlando and then I will be home more hopefully."

Nick and Amanda kissed for a long time, her hands resting in his back pockets as she felt his ass, missing his body against hers until the phone rang. Nick ignored it, kissing her....his tongue dancing with hers.


"Babe, you should answer it." Amanda said, giggling. Nick ignored the phone and took her upstairs.....laying her down on the bed. His cell phone began to ring this time.

"I missed you so bad...." Nick whispered, his face nuzzling into her neck as she felt his lips touch there once more. His hand found her breasts, swollen from pregnancy and he massaged with one hand as he continued to kiss.

"Oh, god...." Amanda moaned. She and Nick had not been together in quite some time and she was ready for him....but the baby didn't seem to think it was a good idea.

"Nick...."

"Mhmmmm?" he said, his mouth on her shoulder. He ignored the fact she looked like she was going to be ill...


Amanda didn't have time to react or move, her stomach churned and Nick was covered, along with his clothes and the bed sheets.

"Yuck...." Nick commented, backing away from her, his shirt wet with vomit. All Amanda could do was laugh....she laughed as Nick went to the bathroom and cleaned up.

"I am so sorry about before, baby." Amanda giggled, Nick laying next to her a while later....he smelled of soap and cologne, his hair laying in damp strings against his face.

"Don't worry about it." Nick said, kissing her on the cheek. Amanda sat up, her hand going to her stomach.

"What's wrong?" Nick asked with concern, frowning. Amanda smiled and placed his hand over her stomach, just under her navel. Nick couldn't believe it, he was feeling the baby kicking.

"That's amazing..." he whispered in awe.

"It really is, baby. This little soccer player will be here before we know it." Amanda replied. Nick leaned over, his head next to her stomach as he did most nights, he loved to talk to the baby.

"Hey, kiddo. Daddy can't wait to meet you....be good to your mom, she needs to rest. You can do all the kicking you want when you play for Tampa when you're older." Nick whispered.

"Nick, if it is a boy he is not playing for the Bucs." Amanda said as she hit him playfully.

"Well what team do you suggest then?"

"The Giants. Gotta represent back home."

"Giants? Might as well be the Jets. As long as he's not playing for the Cowboys, I will be happy." Nick laughed. He and Amanda kissed again, it was good to be home.