- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

You had to know it was coming...

“You have no proof. You are spreading rumors and lies to discredit us further with your group of rogue volunteers.” The words came out as a hiss from Julie's mouth. “You are trying to play me again, trying to turn me away from the project and Kevin,” She continued.

“Julie what reasoning would I have to do that? You made your choice, though I do feel slightly responsible for pushing towards that decision.” Nick shrugged as Julie looked at him perplexed. “Just a theory I've been working on.” It was the only explanation he gave her for her confusion which did not clear anything up for her.

“I have an inside man, it was how I knew Kevin lived and how I kept tabs on you. No, I will not tell you who, but their main job is to report when there have been successful changes made in history. When they informed me that there had been some successful missions, the missions did not sound familiar to me and none of the others on my team confessed to making them.” Seemingly frustrated, Nick stood and started to pace the room.

“How do you know the others aren't simply lying to you?” Julie asked. She didn't consider the group the most trustworthy, honest group. Why would anything they said be considered the truth? Ever since Nick, she'd been second guessing her own judgment of character, maybe Nick didn't know these people as well as he thought. Julie knew that the only person she was sure of was Kevin.

“My source is very good at their job. They know where to look and what to look for.” Nick threw out the words quickly.

“That doesn't explain anything. That doesn't answer my question. How do you know they aren't lying? Why do you assume it is someone with the project making these changes, and for money of all things? Your inside man is just as likely to be making the changes, to be the one who is getting paid to make these changes.”

Nick held up his hand to stop Julie from talking. He stopped pacing and moved closer to her and for a minute she thought he was going to grab her and pull her close, or was that her mind wishing he would? She closed her eyes and berated herself. She loved Kevin, Nick stabbed her and shot Kevin as revenge, so why was she feeling a desire to be with him again?

“None of my team is claiming responsibility.” He stated simply.

“Proves nothing again!” She shouted at him.

Nick's face broke out in a huge grin and a laugh escaped his lips. “Julie, spend five minutes with my group and you will know why I know it's none of them. They are competitive and brag incessantly when they are able to make a change. Besides, my inside man informed me that none of your volunteers were ever assigned to these changes to put them back the way they were.” He sat on the bed again and put his hand on her knee, she did not object, she did not move it away.

“On my request they also looked into the books of the project. Deposits were made into accounts, more than the others. He does not know whose accounts they belong to though, they are only listed as numbers, no names.”

Nick was sitting close to her; he was turned towards her, one leg tucked under him, the other laying across the bed trapping Julie between his leg and the wall. His hands had found their way to hold her one free hand. Her heart was racing but her head was screaming to pull away. She felt him move closer on the bed, they were mere inches away now.

“How can you be sure your inside man isn't on the take?” She asked to keep herself from lunging at Nick's lips.

“That is why I need your help. Julie, you are the one person in the project that I trust not to be involved in this. Just give it a week and look into the situation. If I am wrong, I will surrender myself to you willingly and be brought into the project to face my crimes.” She could feel his breath on her face as he spoke, chills shot down her spine.

Determined not to give into her impulse to kiss the man sitting in front of her, Julie continued to inquire about the supposed volunteers from inside the project changing history. “What if that is what I want for doing this? If you are right you will turn yourself in?”

Nick shook his head. “If I am right, I will return Charles to you.” Nick's lips brushed hers as he spoke.

Julie pulled back. “But if you are wrong, you don't give us Charles?”

Again Nick shook his head running his finger under the collar of her dress. “I am confident I am not wrong.”

Goose bumps started to form on Julie's arms as she felt herself surrendering to his touch. “Then why not give us Charles now as an act of faith?”

“One week Julie.” He smirked at her and twined his fingers into the collar pulling her close and pressing his lips to hers. Julie's stomach jumped into her chest as they kissed, her head told her to stop, even her heart was telling her to quit. Kevin's face came to her mind but she couldn't pull away. She was being controlled by desire now.

Nick broke the kiss; she wanted to pull him back. Why did he keep breaking away, she couldn't stand being a part from him. “Will you help?”

“Why is this important to you? History is being changed isn't that what you want?”

“Not for profit.” With those words spoken, Nick pulled her closer using her collar and crashed his lips into hers. With her free hand, Julie wrapped her arm around Nick and pulled him closer. Their tongues darted in and out of each others mouths as Nick's free hand found the bottom of her dress and started to snake up her inner thigh. The hand that was at her collar had moved down and was fondling her breast, pinching the nipple giving her a rush of excitement each time.

Without thinking, Julie tried to use her chained arm to pull Nick even closer. She groaned when her hand was was held at bay away from where she wanted it to be. She felt Nick pull aside the modern underwear she refused to part with when she jumped into this era, his fingers finally finding their intended destination.

Moans that escaped through her mouth were silenced by his mouth that was still covering hers. Julie's head continued to scream at her to pull away, to push him away but her body did not want to stop what was happening.

Eventually she was able to break away enough to get some words out, “I thought you weren't going to seduce me.” Her breathing was heavy as Nick's hand continued its rhythm.

He smirked and stopped. “I couldn't help myself. I don't know what came over me.” He stopped both of his hands and looked at her seriously. “Do you want me to stop?” He asked, his voice heavy with desire.

'Yes,' her head screamed. She knew she needed to stop before she went too far. She was lecturing herself already for letting it go as far as it had. But it seemed there was a separation between her head and the rest of her body, including her mouth.

“No,” She said out loud, moving down on the bed and pulling him on top of her. He repositioned himself so that he was kneeling over her, both hands resuming their previous movements. Her free hand moved from around his neck to the bulge forming in his pants. She cupped the bulge, rubbing it a few times before searching for the waist line.

Nick removed his hands from Julie's body and un-tucked his shirt and pulled it over his head. She watched as he started to remove his pants. She found herself wishing his pants had an elastic band instead of having to be untied; it was taking too long for him to lose his pants.

He did not remove his pants all of the way; just enough so the bulge that was in his pants was now out in front of her fully erect. She gasped slightly. Nick heard and his smirk became more playful.

He lowered himself over her, ripping the collar of her dress far enough to expose her breasts. Julie threw back her head as Nick's hot mouth took in her nipple, his tongue flicking it every so often shooting desire through her body. One of his hands found its way back between her legs and she gasped again.

“Just fuck me already,” she heard herself beg.

Nick stopped sucking on her breast and looked at her. “Whatever you say.” He started to lower himself closer to her, the anticipation was annoying her. She wanted to feel him inside of her. She grabbed his erection and started to help guide it towards her.

“What the fuck is going on?” A voice at the door startled them.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks everyone for the reviews and for the nomination of Chronos Project (the first in the series) at the Felix awards, also for the best author nomination!  It was nice to see my name up with so many other great authors. :)