- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

who caught them in the act?

They lay there frozen. Nick inches away from entering Julie, her one hand on his cock, her other hand still chained to the post next to the bed. Nick turned his body enough that Julie could see Steph standing in the doorway staring at the both of them. Anger apparent in her eyes, aimed at Julie.

“What do you want?” Nick barked at her.

“Nick there is something that needs your immediate attention.” Steph stammered eventually averting her eyes from the scene in front of her.

'What is going on now needs his immediate attention,' Julie thought as she shot daggers in Steph's direction.

“It can't wait,” Steph muttered.

Nick sighed and moved off of the bed pulling his pants up. He grabbed his shirt and put it back over his head. Julie pulled her dress down and tried to cover her exposed breasts the best she could with the ripped material and only one free hand.

Nick and Steph were standing at the door speaking in hushed tones. Julie could see enough of the body language to know that neither person was happy with what just happened. Steph kept turning to glare at Julie throughout the conversation and Julie was all too happy to respond with her own glares.

Nick said something adamantly and Steph nodded at him. He exited the room leaving Julie alone with Steph. Julie rolled over so that she did not have to look at Steph, it was difficult with her arm chained, but she managed to move her arm above her head comfortably. Without Nick in the room she was able to think more about what almost just happened. Her thoughts immediately flew to Kevin. How could she have almost done that to him?

Tears started to glisten in her eyes at the thought of how Kevin would take it if he found out that not only was Nick alive, but for some unknown reason, Julie was drawn to him, sexually.

She blamed the accident in the lab on that fateful day in twenty twelve. It sent her hurtling through time and that was the reason she met Nick and Kevin. She never regretted meeting Kevin, but her life had been nothing but trouble since meeting Nick. She also knew she could not have one without the other; it seemed their fates were connected.

“Are you thinking about how stupid you are?” Steph's voice echoed through the room from where she stood by the door. Julie ignored her; she wasn't in the mood for a fight.

The room grew silent and Julie hoped it was because Steph had left the room. She could feel the tears continue to roll down her cheeks in silence. If Steph was in the room she did not want her to hear the sobs trying to escape. She wanted to go home. She wanted to be back in Kevin's soothing embrace and to be able to forget that this ever happened.

“I can't believe I've been reduced to babysitter, and to babysit you of all people.” Steph's words broke the silence causing Julie to jump slightly; she hadn't been expecting her to talk.

Julie wiped her eyes with her sleeve and rolled over to glare at Steph. She was sure the other woman could see the puffiness of her eyes and would know she'd been crying, but she was not going to lie around simpering while this woman insulted her.

Steph smirked at Julie before she pulled the chair next to the bed a little further back and sat down to stare at her. The two women sat in silence staring at each other down until Julie could no longer take it. She blinked and moved her gaze away, the other woman smiling in triumph over winning a staring contest like a five year old.

“You know the only way Nick will set you free will be for you to agree to help us?” Steph smugly asked.

“If he is right I want to find out for myself. Whether it's helping or not I want to get to the bottom if only to prove Nick wrong.” Julie remarked pulling the blanket up over her chest to try to cover herself more. Steph was making her feel very exposed.

“Good, the sooner this is over the better. I don't like the idea that Nick needs you.” Steph sat with her arms and legs crossed. Unlike Julie, Steph was not dressed in the female fashion of the time.

“Are we still in Tudor England?” Julie asked out loud though she had not meant to. She'd only been in the room except for the brief attempt at escape and she didn't have much time to look around to see what time she was in then.

Steph shook her head. “No. It was too dangerous after you almost burned. But I am not allowed to tell you where we are.” She smirked as if she knew Julie wanted to know what time they had jumped to, not that it was hard to know that since Julie had asked. Julie wondered if it was one of the times, one of the bases that Kevin and the others knew about. But then why would they search for her at one of the rogue hide outs? They all thought, like she had, that she was randomly jumping through time.

“If I am jumping with Nick,” Julie thought of something and wanted answers. “Why did we jump to Kent State in the seventies and then to the Occupy Wall Street protests?”

Steph shrugged. “You will have to ask him why he went there. I am not sure if he was changing history or if he was fixing something he thought was changed for incorrect reasons. His ideas between what's acceptable to change and not anymore is a bit... warped.” Steph emphasized the last word by glaring at Julie more than she had been. “I am positive it was something to do with you and your do-gooder ways.”

Julie was tempted to pick the pillow up next to her and throw it at Steph but that would be a childish thing to do. Besides, with one free arm she doubted the pillow would even reach its intended target. Instead she thought of something that would piss her off.

“Pissed that no matter how much you throw yourself at him, he'd rather fuck a woman that tried to kill him?” Julie spat out the hateful words. It didn't really make her feel better, but she was sick of Steph.

Steph laughed, it didn't sound maniacal like Julie thought it would, there was a melody to it and Julie hated to admit it but she did have quite a nice laugh. She didn't bother asking her what was so funny though, if the woman wanted to elaborate, Julie was sure she would have problems telling her what it was.

“I admit that at first when he chose you to be the one linked with him during his jumps I was upset. But then after I overheard what Charles said about his linked partner, I thought you were the perfect choice.” This time when Steph laughed the sound came out more maniacal than melodious.

“What?” Julie asked fear suddenly gripping her.

Steph smirked at her and leaned forward in the chair. “Do you really think he's forgiven Kevin for killing Zoe? Do you really think he doesn't want you dead still for that revenge and now revenge for attempting to kill him. Don't you remember his anger, his hatred? Do you think that just goes away?” Steph laughed.

“People can change.” Julie commented. She wanted to believe it. She wanted to think that if she helped Nick he would be wrong, he would be true to his word and surrender. Shortly after they would get the location of Charles out of him and then he would be returned. Things never went as she planned so why did she think it would this time?

Steph sputtered and shook her head. “Did Nick mention anything about stopping the link between you two?”

Julie thought back to their conversation about how they were linked and what he wanted her to do for him. She recalled details but never one about how they would sever the link when it was all over.

“He didn't tell you because you wouldn't help if you knew.” Steph stood and made her way to the door. “You are chained, I don't think you will run. I am bored.”

“Steph!” Julie called out. “Tell me!”

The blond woman turned back to look at Julie. “Will you leave Nick alone?”

Julie didn't want to do anything with Nick ever again, this would be an easy promise. “Yes, I promise to leave him alone.”

“Fine,” She said as she stepped closer so she could whisper. “The genetic link will end up killing the one who is connected.” She smirked evilly and quickly turned and left the room.