- Text Size +

“Christina, I think it’s a good idea if you tell the other girls before this meeting. It’s something they’ll probably want to hear from you in private,” I suggested as I turned to go wake up Melissa, Howie, and Amelia (and maybe AJ for all I knew).


 


She looked up at Nick. “You should probably go. Those two don’t have censors, and I don’t want you getting caught in the crossfire,” she laughed.


 


Nick chuckled. “No problem. See you later.....wifey.” He grinned and pulled her into a kiss so steamy I was almost embarrassed to be standing there.


 


She giggled as they pulled away to breathe and said, “See you soon, husband.” I rolled my eyes. With all that sap, I could see the rest of the tour getting pretty sticky.


 


I banged on Mel’s door. “Hey guys, get up! We have a group meeting in a little over an hour!” I heard grumbling and bedspring squeaks then a thud and an “Ow!” in Howie’s voice.


 


“You promise you’re up?” I yelled through the door.


“Yep.” Howie opened the door looking much more put together than he had earlier, thought anything would have been an improvement. He squeezed through the crack in the door and shut it back quickly. Apparently Mel was indisposed. “What’s this all about?” he asked as he pulled a hair elastic out of his jeans pocket and pulled his curly locks back into a ponytail.


“You should go talk to Nick,” I answered directly.


“Why do I need to go talk to Nick?”


“Just go!” I pushed him playfully towards the door.


“Geez, woman! A little feisty this morning are we?” he joked as he opened the door.


“It’s almost afternoon,” I said snidely as I slammed the door in his face.


“What’s going on?” Mel stuck half of her body out the bedroom door wearing one of Howie’s button-up shirts.


“Christina has something to tell you.” I turned back towards the hallway and headed for Amelia’s door.


“Christina has something to tell me, and Howie needs to go talk to Nick?” She turned toward Chrissy with an amused expression on her face. “What did you all do, get married last night or something?” Well that was easy. Chrissy looked down at the floor and bit her fingernails nervously. “Holy shit! You really did get married last night?” Chrissy held up her left hand, which donned a thin, white gold band on that ever-important finger and smiled sheepishly. “Well congratulations!” Mel rushed over to her and threw her arms around her neck. “How was the sex?”


I rolled my eyes. Only Mel. “Hey, Amy?” I pushed her door open slowly and stuck my head in. “You need to get up.” She rolled over slowly, then bolted upright with her hand clamped over her mouth and ran towards the bathroom. After hearing the sound of her retching for several minutes, I decided I probably needed to check on her. “Amy? You okay?” I asked the bathroom door.


 


“Go away,” she groaned. I surmised that she’d apparently had too much of a good time the night before and went to get dressed and pack my bags. After I was ready to go, I went back to Amelia’s bathroom with a glass of water and some aspirin. It was now silent. I pushed the door open and found Amelia sitting in the floor with her back against the wall, tears streaming down her face.


 


“Amy, what’s wrong?” I rushed to her side and placed the water and aspirin on the countertop before stooping down beside her. She buried her face in her hands and sobbed as I ran my fingers through her matted hair.


 


“I think I did something really stupid last night, and I really can’t deal with you judging me for it right now, so you should go,” she whimpered.


 


“You think you did something stupid?” I asked in surpise. “How much did you have to drink last night, Amy?”


 


“I don’t want you judging me, remember?” She started to get up, but quickly sat back down, grabbing her head.


 


“Did you marry AJ last night?” I figured maybe we needed a little humor.


 


She looked at me, bewildered. “No....”


 


“Did you marry anyone last night?”


 


“No....”


 


“Then whatever it was couldn’t have been that stupid.”