- Text Size +
“You look smitten,” Jackie continued to tease Tori as she helped her set the cupcakes.

“Shut up and get to work!” Tori said as she turn shades of red. “He's going to my apartment tonight. I’m cooking.”

Jackie was grinning, “see I knew he liked you.”

Tori rolled her eyes, “I have to admit he is very interesting and romantic.” She continued to frost the cupcakes in front of her. “I still don't know what I’m going to cook.”

Jackie giggled, “knowing you, you will go all out. Maybe you should go home now and start on the preparations, I got this.” She pointed to the rows of cupcakes.

“Really? I've already had you work alone for a few days...” Tori bit her lip as she stared at her friend.

“Go! Just keep this in mind when I ask for my raise!” she gave Tori a smile.

“I won't,” grabbing her purse she walked out the bakery and into her car. She had a lot to do make sure her apartment looked descent and then there was the question on what she was going to cook. Alex had seem to like Mexican food so she felt it would good to do that.

By the time Tori arrived home she had settled on making a nice Italian dinner accompanied by some Tiramisu prepared by herself. She began her preparations and lost track of time, by the time she saw the clock she had only enough time to get cleaned up and change.

Tori was very satisfied with her work the food smelled good and her apartment was impeccable. Tiger was in his house fast asleep, she smiled as she checked the clock. He was running late by a few minutes, but it gave her the time to check over everything again.

After checking she took a seat and waited patiently for him. Fifteen minutes later and she finally got the courage to call him but she was sent straight to his voice-mail. She wondered if something must have come up at work and decided to wait a bit more.

An hour later she was mad and was throwing all the food away. Tiger was whining hiding under the table, he knew Tori was mad as she continued to curse and throw things out. What made her tick the most was the fact that he had not called and he didn’t answer her call well by now it was calls.

See this was why she had given up on dating. In this world there was just to many jerks. She heard the doorbell and ran to answer it. “He ditched me!” she yelled as Jackie made her way in.

Giving Tori a big hug, “I'm sorry Tori he is such a jerk. Next time I see him I’m going to give him a piece of my mind. I can't believe he did this, I thought you said he told he wanted to get to know you more.”

“That's what he had said.” Tori said as she poured herself shot glass of tequila. “I should have know he sounded to good to be true. Stuff like this don't happen to me, I should just accept Howie's offer.” she grimaced as she thought about being married to Howie.

“You don't have to do that either you're just upset right now. Relax here lets just have some drinks and watch a movie.” Jackie said as she poured herself a glass of wine.

*********

Alex had finally turned on his phone and felt his stomach drop at the three missed calls from Tori. He had forgotten about it with the last call he had gotten from his mother. Now that everything was calm he was thinking of a way to call Tori and explain to her his absence to there date.

“He wants to see you again.” His mother interrupted his thoughts.

Alex put his phone away again and walked into the room. “Hey bud!” he gave his son a smile. “How's your head?”

“It still hurts but look I got stitches.” The little boy pointed to his forehead. “Dad you got to draw an awesome design on my cast like a tattoo.”

“Of course I will,” Alex looked at his son worriedly he was looking like his mother everyday. Except for his eyes those were his, “hey buddy what do you say to going to Miami with me for bit?”

Jason's eye lit up, “yes I get to hang out with you at papa's shop.”

“I don't think its a good idea Alex,” Francine said as she walked into the room. She took a seat beside her nephew and gave him a kiss on the cheek, “You will be to busy to care for him.”

“I will manage I want him near me and he is excited to go.” Alex said looking at his sister in law. Since his wife's death Francine had practically taken the role of second mother to Jason and he knew she was attached to him but he needed his son till he decided his next move. Of course he wasn't going to tell her about his plans of permanently moving to Miami.

“Well maybe he can visit for a few days and I can go pick him up in a few days?” Francine said smiling at him.

He nodded to bring end to the conversation but he would speak to her alone and tell her alone later. “So Jason the doctor said you will be released later today, I was thinking ice cream.” Alex told his son who was no excited about going with him.

He was still a little shaken up by the call he had gotten from his mother. He got so worried he literally sped all the way, his son had been hurt. He didn't understand Jason's obsession with flying? How he managed to climb up to the porch and try to fly was still a mystery. Jason was not talking about it, but he was bound to bring it up.

“Dad? DAD!” Jason finally got his dad's attention.”We are taking aunt Francine and grandma right?”

Alex smiled, “yes if they want to join us why not?”

********

“I think you should go with me,” Jackie said as she helped Tori with a batch of cupcakes. “It's Friday you need to go with me, besides that way you don't have continue to think about jerk face.”

“Oh I am not thinking about him at all!” Tori said her eyes showed something differently. She was over it...

“Right!” Jackie said realizing that Tori was really upset about it all. A few days had passed by since she had been ditched by Alex. “Well your going with me that's that !”

The door bell at the shop rang and Jackie froze as she recognized Alex. She cleared her throat and smiled, “How may I help you?” She was trying to act polite.

“Hey Jackie... is Tori in?” Alex looked behind her trying to see if Tori was there.

“What are you doing here?” Tori asked as she walked out and spotted him.

“Hey I’m sorry about the other day... let me make it up to you.” Alex said nervously as he sensed that Tori wasn't very happy with him.

Tori laughed and glared at him, “yeah you finally came up with a good excuse? It took you this long to try and come up with one? I don't think I want to hear it... good bye Alex.” Tori handed Jackie the tray with more cupcakes and walked away. He had the nerve to show up after almost a week of no communication? Who did he think he was?

“You okay?” Jackie asked a few minutes later. “He seemed to really want to apologize.”

“No don't go there Jackie you said it yourself he's a jerk!” Tori said still angry.

“Okay fine. He did say he was sorry and that he hoped you would let him explain.” Jackie said handing Tori a bottle of water.