- Text Size +
Story Notes:

WARNING: Language

Plopping down on the couch, Nick scooped up the remote and started channel surfing. It was a Saturday night and he had nothing to do. After several trips round and round all his channels, he lit one a channel of some Chinese/Japanese type movie.

"What the hell am I watching" Nick asked himself. Then he hit the info button on the remote.

The Notorious Concubines (Wakamatsu Koji 1968)

Based on the legendary exploits of Pan Chin Lien, a 13th century Chinese housewife whose passion and prowess not only eventually led to a prestigious status but also to the overthrow of several key men of power.

After reading the description twice, Nick pulled his iPhone from his pocket and googled Concubine.

con·cu·bine [kong-kyuh-bahyn, kon-]

noun

1. a woman who cohabits with a man to whom she is not legally married, especially one regarded as socially or sexually subservient; mistress.

2. (among polygamous peoples) a secondary wife, usually of inferior rank.

3. (especially formerly in Muslim societies) a woman residing in a harem and kept, as by a sultan, for sexual purposes.

"Hmmm, more or less like a live in girlfriend. Interesting." he thought.

Settling in, he watched the strange movie and fell asleep on the couch. He had vivid dreams of a girl who lived with him, did various sexual acts, and cooked and cleaned for him.

Nick woke with a start, jolting up and looking around. Rubbing the crick in his neck from the awkward position on the couch, he glanced at the clock. Only 10'oclock. Getting up he headed up to take a shower to help wake himself up. While scrubbing his hair, his mind wondered back to the dream he’d had.

"Must be a combination of that weirdass movie and not having a girlfriend for a long time Carter. You’re sexually frustrated!" he reasoned with himself. He got out of the shower, picked up the nearest t-shirt giving it the sniff test to see if it was clean, and threw on a pair of red basketball shorts. He then headed downstairs for his tennis shoes. He decided to go for a run on the beach. Later on that evening, the fellas were coming over to watch a football game with him. Brotherly bonding Kevin called it. Nick was excited to have his brothers over and just chill out with them.

Heading out the back door, he jumped off his deck and into the sand. He’d jogged for nearly two miles and then stopped for a breather. He bent over with his hands on his knees to catch is breath. When he looked down, he saw something shiny mostly buried in the sand. Curious, he started digging around the foreign object. After uncovering it, he picked it up and carried it to the water to wash it off. After it was clean, Nick sat down on the sand to look at it. Upon further inspection, it resembled a Genie Lamp like the one in Aladdin.

"I wonder if I rub it I will get three wishes" Nick chuckled. Then he proceeded to rub the lamp feverishly. Nothing happened so he started rubbing it again. After nothing happened this time, he threw the lamp down and got up.

"Oh well, it was worth a shot" he said. Just as he was about to turn around, the lamp started pouring out smoke. Nick’s eyes widened, his mouth dropping open. Then, he appeared.

"Greeting! You have summoned the Genie of the Lamp! I am Abdab. I will grant you one wish!" boomed the genie.

"Wait..I thought it was three wishes" Nick shouted.

"Hey..we aren’t in the movies kid. You only get one. Take it, or leave it" Abdab told him.

"Ok, I’ll take it. Lemme think. What do I want?" Nick asked himself.

A few minutes later, some scenes from the movie he watched the night before flashed threw his mind. Then it hit him!

"I wish to have a concubine! Nick said.

Just as Nick made his wish, a girl in a tiny bikini jogged by, catching the genie’s attention. Hey, can ya blame him? He’s been stuck in a lamp for 100 years!

Nick noticed the genie watching the girl and cleared his throat to get Abdub’s attention.

"Oh, of course!! As you wish!" Abdub boomed again.

A sudden sandstorm surrounded Nick. He closed his eyes expecting to wake up in bed with a beautiful woman at his side. When he opened his eyes next, it was not the scenario that he had in mind.