- Text Size +
Maggie flipped through the channels for the umpteenth time to find nothing on. The house was clean , she was bored and Brian wouldn’t be home for another six hours. She groaned in frustration as she hit the off button on the remote then picked up her phone. She dialed Jaz’s number and she picked up on the third ring. “Please tell me you’re not doing anything for lunch or this afternoon for that matter.”

“Just cleaning house. I could be ready in half an hour.”

“Great. I’ll be there.”

“Missing loverboy are ya?”Jaz teased her but it was true.

“Yeah. I’m gonna go stir crazy if I don’t get out of the house though. Maybe retail therapy is what I’m needing right now.”

“Okay. I’ll get things wrapped up and be ready when you get here. You can tell me about the day you played hooky from work.”

“How’d you know about that?”

“Not important. I’ll tell you when you get here.”

“Fine. I’ll see you in a half an hour then,” Maggie replied and hit the end button.

An hour later they were at Applebee’s having a drink and Jaz was telling her how she knew about the hooky day so she had to explain that one.

“So I know you miss him but Mags I’ve never seen you this out of whack. What gives?”

She bit her lower lip for a second then looked to her friend.” I took your guys’ advice to y’ know, do some exploring right?”

She nodded as she took a sip of her Pina Coloda.

“He called just as I was getting to that good point.”

“Mags did you have phone sex?”

She blushed.” I guess.”

“Well were you touching yourself?”

“Yeah.”

“And was he giving himself pleasure?”

“Sounded like it.”

“Girlie you’re gonna go bonkers if you don’t get some soon.”

“I’m trying. I think he’s the one that’s not ready.”

“Are you kidding me? Men are always ready. You just have to keep at it. Eventually he’ll break. After we stop at Bath And Body, we’ll stop at Vicky’s Secret and see if we can find you something sexy but not too racy. From what I get, he’s had his hands on the merchandise, he’s just waiting for you to make the sale final.”

“Do you guys always have to talk about sex like it’s some sort of cat and mouse game? I mean I may not know much but he does care about me. He doesn’t just want to feel the goodies and go.”

“You’re right Maggie. It’s nice to know there are some good guys left out there in the world. I’m glad you got one of them but we’re still going to Vicky’s.” She grinned.

“I’m sorry I got testy. The waiting is just killing me.”

“I know girl. We’ll get you through the afternoon. He’ll be home before you know it.” Taking her friend’s hand across the table and squeezing it reassuringly. She liked her life where it was but she was a little jealous that Maggie got herself a real live Prince Charming on her first real attempt at a relationship. All the things she’d done over the years were starting to work for her friend.




Four hours later, Jaz was helping her pick out something at Victoria’s Secret. They’d pulled a few from the racks but nothing seemed to be working so Jaz went back out in search of more ; bringing back only one. She knocked to make sure Maggie was decent then presented her with the most beautiful chemise ; dusty rose in color with a caramel lace trim along the edges. Spaghetti straps held it up. Jaz’s eyes met Maggie’s and she said,” It’s perfect Maggie. Let’s get it and get you home.”

“You’re sure?”

“When he finally does see this Maggie, you’ll have no trouble getting him into bed. I didn’t think you were ready but from what you’ve been telling me and the way you’ve been talking about him all afternoon, it’s time girlie.”

“Jaz?” Maggie said as her friend rest her head on her shoulder.

“I know this isn’t easy for any of you and I just want to say thank you for helping me out.”

“Mags, you’re always there for us. Now it’s your turn. Thank us when you get the big prize.” She smiled and squeezed Maggie’s shoulders. “Now let’s get you home so you can seduce that sweet young man of yours.”

Maggie removed the tiny lacy gown and Jaz took it from her.” This one is on me lady.”

“Jaz. I can’t let you do that.”

“You’ll owe me one okay?”

“Okay.”

Jasmine and Maggie were walking up the stairs to her apartment when Maggie’s cell phone rang. Brian! “Hey! Are you home yet? I miss you so much!” Great! She sounded so anxious. Jasmine just laughed.

“Well I’m at your door but you’re not answering. I couldn’t wait to see you and I just barely got home.”

They were making it up the final set of steps when he came into view. She closed her phone and shoved it her purse before making a mad dash toward him . He was carrying a single red rose. He swept her up into his arms and she kissed him until they couldn’t breathe. “I’m so glad you’re home. I was going nuts!”

“I missed you too baby. Lord did I miss you!” Kissing her again; nearly forgetting her friend was patiently waiting for her. “Maybe you should say goodbye to your friend so we can say hello some more? “He whispered and she blushed at his suggestion. She was so adorable when she did that.

“Okay. “ She turned back to Jasmine, gave her a quick hug and said, “Thanks for restoring my sanity this afternoon.”

“No problem. It’s what you pay me for, “She teased. “See you two later. It was nice to see you again Brian!” She said; handing Maggie her bags before she started down the stairs.

Brian noticed the bag in Maggie’s hand. “Something you want to show me?”

“Someday.”

“So I don’t get a show today?” He pouted as she turned the key in the lock.

“Only if you play nice. “

“I’ve got an idea then. Why don’t you let me use your shower to freshen up and then we can talk about that fashion show?” he whispered in her ear as he slid his arms around her waist from behind.

Finally! He’s not treating you like a delicate little girl anymore. If that was all it would have took, she would have run out and bought some sooner. “Sounds good to me but maybe we could do dinner before I let you get a peek at the goods.”

“You would make me wait that long?”

“I didn’t say what I was cooking now did I?”

“Don’t toy with me like that angel.”

She opened the door. Picking up his bag, he followed her in. “The bathroom is the –“ she turned as she was telling him and he pulled her into his arms yet again. His kisses literally made her toes curl. “First door on the right.” She finished once he released her from his embrace.

“Thank you. I’ll be done before you know it beautiful.” He pecked her on the cheek and made his way to the bathroom.

What would her friends do in this situation? De would just go for it. Be wearing the lingerie before he arrived. Jaz would be wearing it when he returned. Camille would most likely put it on but throw a cute, frilly dress over it just to destroy him. Option number three it was! She was a little nervous but maybe it was the enticement he needed to slide into bed with her.

The single rose sat in the center of her counter in a crystal bud vase she got for college graduation from all three of her friends. They really did balance each other out in ways the rest of the world wouldn’t understand. She turned to the refrigerator and opened it. She was going to make him dinner anyway so she pulled out the chicken that had been thawing in bowel all day. She turned back around and sat it on the counter when she heard his voice.

“Maggie. I drained your bottle of shampoo. I’ll get ya a new one tomorrow. Is that okay baby?”

He was making conversation like this was something he did every day. Secondly, he wasn’t wearing a shirt and the top button on his jeans was open. She couldn’t take much more of this!

“Maggie? Angel? Is everything okay?” The towel he was using to dry his hair now draped around his neck as his eyes came to meet hers.

He had to know what was going on just from the look in her eyes alone. Good grief! A girl can only take so much. Enough already!