- Text Size +
“Are you sure you want to try again so soon?” He was just being cautious. He couldn’t help but be after the colossal disaster. That night killed his ego in a major way plus he didn’t want to hurt her feelings again. He couldn’t.

She knew he was worried about hurting her but it was killing her knowing all the good parts and not being able to feel them with him. Camille kept reassuring her that this stuff gets better, you just have to keep working at it. Emotionally, it had crushed her but physically, she liked the way he made her feel and she wanted more of that. She unlaced the string that was holding her sheer jacket on and dropped it to the ground. He needed to see more skin. Heck, she needed to see more of his.

Take it slow Brian he warned himself. He did loosen his tie but he gently took her hand. “It’s a beautiful night Maggie. Let’s take our time and explore. I want this to be what your first time should have been. For both of us.”

She’d never been good at playing the game. She just knew that when she wouldn’t, they took off like the roadrunner. She felt so foolish in even trying to make the first move. Just once she wished she could be more like one of her girls. Be able to make him change his mind. Then she wouldn’t be the woman Brian fell in love with. He was so patient with her it was unbelievable. She practically said ‘Here I am. Do with me what you will’ and he still put on the brakes. Why couldn’t he be a regular guy just this once?! Her friends always told her guys were lining up to go out with her so why was it she had one that slowed down every time she wanted to speed up? It wasn’t fair!

“Maggie, look at me,” he said as he tilted her chin up. Her eyes turned from his. He wanted to be with her like yesterday but he didn’t want a repeat performance either. She deserved to be shown that she was more than just a quick piece yet every time he put things on simmer, she blocked him out completely. “Maggie please, you know I love you. I would do anything in the world for you.”

She turned her gaze to his.” I love you Brian but every time I start heading that direction now…….well, I just don’t understand it. Any other guy would have took my hand and said let’s go but you stopped me once again.”

“Because I’m not every other guy. I don’t want to be with you just for tonight. I want to be with you every night of my life. I want to make it good for you too.”

Wow! Wow! Wow! What more was there to say? He really was in love with her. “Then I’ll slow down. I won’t like it but I will.”

Brian chuckled. “So does that mean I get the next dance angel?”

“Of course.” She smiled and allowed him to set the pace. If being in his arms and looking into his eyes all night was punishment, she’d gladly take it. You pray for a guy that will come along and treat you like a lady then when you do get him, you want the bad boy. How does that even make sense? It doesn’t but she wasn’t going to let him slip away either. She was going to enjoy this crazy ride for all it was worth.

“Is something on your mind angel?”

She didn’t realize she’d got so far away. She got lost in the romance of it all just like she was sure he was wanting for her. “ Just you and how amazing you are to me.”

“You amaze me more and more everyday with your beauty and charm. The way you’ve captured my heart without any effort.”

“Brian.” Good Lord! Couldn’t he just take her now? The anticipation was maddening and all the resolve she’d built to play nice was slowly dissolving. He knew what he was doing. She was sure of it. She just wished she could be more like her friends in a way where she’d have a story to tell about how she weakened a man. Maybe she was doing it without realizing it.

“I mean every word. I think your friend Camille left us some desert in the kitchen. Would you like some?” He couldn’t take much more of being so close to her and not touching her. Desert would prolong the evening and put some distance between their bodies. He wouldn’t be able to hide it if they remained as close as they were.

“I think. “ She moved her finger and traced it around his slightly parted lips. “ We should save it for later.”

She had no idea what she did to his body so this time he wasn’t going to put it off any longer. “Maggie.” He breathed as her lips got closer.

“Yes?” Her inquiry was almost as breathless as his.

He was trying so hard to be a gentleman but she kept making it harder(literally) to refuse the growing need he had for her. If she truly had any idea what she was doing to him, he was sure she was doing a damned good job of faking her innocence. He grabbed both sides ofher face and kissed her with all the life in his body as she continued to hold on to his tie. It was time.

When his gaze moved to meet hers , she knew. It had to be but she played anyway.” Brian are you sure?”

He pulled her as tight as he could against himself and lost himself as their lips connected. Her hands sliding up around his neck; her fingers tangled in the small curls on the back of his neck. She knew what made him tick and half the time she was oblivious to the fact that she had this control over him. Would the one thing that made her absolutely irresistible change when they’d been intimate more than once? Would what they have be different when she became more comfortable with what they were doing? She was the one constant in his life that didn’t judge him.


Their kiss had slowed to soft, delicate brushes. She moved her hands down to the buttons of his shirt. She could tell her tentativeness was driving him crazy as he confined her hands to his body; the intensity of their kiss growing in it’s urgency. As hungry as she was to feel all of him all over her, she drew away from his mouth and met his gaze.” Maybe we should go up now,” she suggested.

“I think it’s time.” He took her hand and before they reached the bottom of the staircase, he’d pulled her into his arms three times. His tie was gone and somewhere in there, his shirt had disappeared. Sure he could have found a way for dress to join that trail but he’d wait for the bedroom. She really was the most beautiful woman he’d ever been with and he didn’t need to know that by knowing what she looked like beneath all the layers. “So would you like the lights on or off?”

“On.” Her voice was slightly above a whisper. It didn’t matter so much. She needed to feel him, touch him, make him feel good. She knew he was trying to make this very special and intimate for her and just the fact that he was that concerned and had put that much effort in was a turn on in itself. Yes, that wasn’t her. Something the girls had taught her but it was the truth. She was aching in places for him that she’d never really ached for a man before now. It felt incredible.

“Okay. Trust me?”

“You know I do.”

“Hold on then.” He found the long handled lighter and started lighting the candles spread throughout the room. It leant a soft glow. Just enough for them to be visible to one another without having to go by touch alone. As he approached, she took his hand and led him toward the bed.

“What’s going on Maggie?”

“I know you want to make this special for me but I want to make this good for you too. Please let me know if you like what I’m doing Brian.” She was a little nervous but she steadied her hands long enough to reach down and undo his slacks.

“Maggie. Baby you don’t have to do this.”

“I want to. Please.”

It wasn’t the look in her eyes but the tone in her voice that told him she was right. He shifted out of his slacks and eased back against the pillows. He watched as she let her dress drop to the floor. She moved onto the bed over his body in nothing more than a lacy pink bra with tiny matching panties to go with it.

“I take it you approve,” she teased. She could feel his arousal and knowing that she was the cause of it, set the fires churning in her depths.

“You don’t know the half of it angel.” Her smile alone generally unglued him but the feel of her breath on his skin as her lips skimmed down his neck and lower onto his chest. He jerked slightly as she rolled her tongue around one of his nipples. She looked up into his eyes for some sort of approval.

“Are you okay?”

“Never better. Please don’t stop.” Her hands were resting against his body just above where her tongue traced another circle around the other. Everywhere her lips touched was more heated than the last. She ran her tongue down the center of his body and he groaned as it slid along the band of his boxers. Her apprehensiveness was very apparent and he wasn’t going to let her take a step she wasn’t comfortable with. “Maggie…..baby.”

Her eyes moved up to his. She wasn’t ready to pleasure him there yet.

“Come up here.”

She moved back up level with him; her body resting against his.”What?”

“I know you’re not ready to go there. It’s okay. You just being with me gets me all worked up down there.”

“I love you. “

“I love you too angel.” Pushing the hair back from her face and softly kissing her.

He already felt so good but she knew he needed to feel more of her. She gently eased up and reached behind her back. Languidly, she drew the straps off her shoulder before dropping it onto his chest; rendering him virtually speechless.