- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


I apologize for the lack of updates. My muse disappeared for a bit but it's slowly coming back. Hopefully the updates won't be so sporadic. With that, please enjoy the latest! :)


Brian popped the trunk of the car and closed the door; joining his father in pulling out the luggage. He was still a little worried about Maggie with his mother. Mom was never afraid to say what was on her mind whereas Dad only spoke his when he felt strongly about something.

“You got yourself a nice girl there son. Have you talked about settling down and starting a family yet?”

And there it was. He prayed to God Mom hadn’t said anything. They were still adjusting to the possibility of Maggie never getting pregnant and the week after they got back from the trip, they were going in for that second opinion that her doctor offered. He was a grown man but how do you tell your father something like this? He obviously knew he’d had sex at least through one relationship but he didn’t want his folks to assume that he and Maggie were already having relations. He was going to have to bite the bullet and explain this one to his Dad so his Mom wouldn’t say anything to upset Maggie. He stopped lifting the luggage out of the vehicle and waited for his Dad to follow suite.

“Something on your mind son?”

“Dad, I don’t know how to tell you this so I’m just going to come out and say it. Maggie and I may not be able to have children of our own.” He waited for his father’s reaction. He thought his dad would freak out when given this kind of information but his father surprised him.

“Are they for certain on this Brian?”

“Her doctor recommended another physician if she wanted a second opinion so I’m pretty sure the second one’s going to confirm what hers already told her.”

“You haven’t told her that have you?”

“No. She needs my strength right now but I honestly don’t know how much longer I can do this for her. It’s killing me as much as it is her. I told her God brought us to this and that he would get us through it as well.”

“Then keep believing that son. God won’t give you any more than you can handle. Be there when she needs your shoulder.”

“Thanks Dad but I could use a shoulder myself these days.”

Without hesitation, Harold offered his shoulder to his son. He couldn’t understand what Brian was going through but he would certainly be there for his boy.

“I love her Dad. I just don’t know long I can be her strength.”

“The Lord will help you find a way. I know I’m not much of a talker but if you ever need me to listen, you know I’m here for you.”


“I wish Maggie’s parents were more like you guys,” He said as he pulled away from his father.

“I don’t follow.”

“I don’t think hers are going to be quite as understanding about our relationship as you guys.”

“What? They don’t want her to fall in love and settle down?”

“No. Just from what I get about her mother, she isn’t the most loving woman on this earth. She didn’t let Maggie date in high school. Maggie didn’t date until her senior year of college Dad.”

“I see. Just let me give you this piece of advice, no matter what, you love her and I think you’re perfect for each other.”

“Thanks Dad.”

“And there are plenty of children in the world that need love if it should ever become an option for you two.”

He didn’t want to think the worst but he couldn’t think of much else these days. After they met her parents, he and the guys were going back into the studio to record the next album. He knew Maggie had Camille to lean on and from the looks of it, she’d have his folks as well now.

“We need to get indoors before your mother sends out a search party,” Harold stated; shaking Brian from his thoughts.

Brian nodded in agreement as he removed the remaining luggage from the car.

“Whatever happens Brian, you two will get through this.”



Later that evening after dinner, they settled into their room. His folks weren’t going to deny the fact that they were intimate but also respected the fact that they were adults. Maggie had finished her nightly routine and was waiting in bed for him.” Are you sure your folks are okay with us being in the same room?” She said as he slid into bed next to her.

“Maggie, my folks love you. They know we’re consenting adults.”

She blushed. She knew her friends knew she was part of the “club” now but it was a little embarrassing to know his folks had first-hand knowledge.

“Baby, I had to tell my Dad about our situation. He thinks we’re a great match and he asked when we were going to settle down and have little ones.” He didn’t want to have to approach the subject with her this weekend but it was unavoidable.

She should have been upset but she wasn’t. She knew they’d eventually find out. It was still a fresh subject that they were dealing with so she didn’t make a big deal about.” It’s okay. I’m surprised your mom didn’t ask first.”

“Me too. So how are you with my folks?”

“I don’t know why I was so nervous. I love your family. I can’t wait to become a part of it.” Oops! That sounded a little too eager.

“I can’t wait for you to become a part of it either angel. Are you sure you’re okay?”

“I’ll be fine. You told me God brought us to this, he’ll get us through it. He’s going to get us through. We’ll dwell on it when we have to. I’m here with you spending a lovely weekend with you. Let’s enjoy it.”

“Have I told you how much I love you today?”

“I love you,” Maggie smiled and softly kissed him; snuggling up on his chest. She finally had got past that insecurity of him leaving her. It was all so new to her but it was new to him as well. Whatever happened, they would make it through. Together.