- Text Size +
Maggie snuggled up against his chest the next morning as they both were fighting that edge of sleep. The one where your dream is so good you don’t want to wake up because you want to find out what happens or you just don’t feel like moving. He loved watching her sleep and he missed when she wasn’t cuddled up against him. Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled dreamily.

“Good morning handsome.”

“Morning angel. Sleep well?”

“I always sleep well when I’m wrapped up in your arms.”

“I do like waking up to that beautiful smile of yours when you’re here.”

Her lips pressed lightly against his bare chest before she looked up into his eyes.” You remember that conversation we had about your parents knowing that we’re consenting adults?”

“I do recall that.”

Pressing her lips to his bare skin once again, she looked back up into his eyes and suggested,” I was thinking maybe we could test that theory this morning before breakfast.”

“My, my Miss Maggie. What would my parents think if they knew this side of you?”

“I’m hoping you’re the only that ever knows this side of me.” She smiled and leaned up; softly brushing her lips against his.

“How do you look so gorgeous every morning when you wake up?”

“I get up in the middle of the night and make myself beautiful especially for you.” She grinned mischievously.

“Is that so?” He replied with a smirk as he pushed the hair back from her face.

“I love the way your eyes light up.”

“You wouldn’t be trying to distract me now would you?”

“Lil ole me? Never!” She batted her lashes innocently; producing a reaction.

“ I think it’s about time I taught you a lesson young lady,” he stated flatly and turned her onto her back; illiciting a squeal of protest from Maggie.

“I know a lot Mr.Littrell,” Maggie replied; wriggling beneath him as he had her pinned to the bed.

“That’s gonna cost you young lady.” His fingers tangled with hers as he leaned in and teased her with the promise of a kiss.

“Renegging already?” She toyed as his breath met hers.

“Just thinking about that sweet little spot.” He moved from her lips and just below her earlobe. Oh yeah! There it was. All it took was the flick of his tongue and she was butter. He moved his eyes back to hers.

“So when’s this lesson supposed to start?” She bit her lip playfully. Sure he hit a weak spot but he wasn’t about to win right off the bat.

“You’re lucky I didn’t bring my ruler.”

“I think you have something that can measure my pleasure just as well.”

“Let’s explore that.” His hands slid slowly down the length of her pinned arms. He moved downward and tugged her nipple through the thin material of her gown. He was moving beneath the sheets when the knock on the door interrupted them.

“Rise and shine sleepyheads. Breakfast in ten,” Jackie announced.

Brian stopped immediately and Maggie giggled. “We’ll be down shortly, “ Maggie replied.

“What’s my son doing that he shouldn’t be able to answer his mother?”

“Nothing. Good morning Mom,” he replied as he came up over Maggie from underneath the sheet.

“I’ll see you two downstairs shortly,” she returned.

Her footsteps receeded down the hall and Maggie started giggling when she saw the color of Brian’s face. She’d never seen him blush once.

“What?” The crimson shade on his face deepened.

“You. I’ve never seen you blush. Ever. It’s cute.”

“We get caught in the midst of a morning quickie and you think it’s cute?”

“Oh come on, don’t tell me your mother never caught you with a girl up in your room when you were in high school?”

“ That was high school.”

“I get it. I don’t even have that kind of story to tell….until now,” Maggie teased.

He chuckled. “I love you Maggie.”

“I love you too. Now one of us needs to get freshened up and head downstairs so your mom doesn’t get any more suspicious of your activities sir.”

“Well since it doesn’t take me that long to get all gussied up, I’ll hit the shower first.”

“Watch yourself or I may withhold on you.”

“You can’t resist me,” he smirked and leaned in for a kiss only to be denied as she turned so his lips hit her cheek.

“Fine. I’ll go get ready.” He pouted.

“I was just kidding,” Maggie said and softly kissed him when she was face to face again.

“Okay. Now I’ll go get ready.” He grinned. He knew his mother could care less about what he was doing at his age but it was still embarrassing.



Maggie arrived downstairs shortly after Brian did and Jackie greeted her warmly.” Good morning Maggie. Did you sleep well?”

“I did thank you. I couldn’t wait to get down here. It smells delicious.”

“Well aren’t you just the sweetest. Thank you. Brian says it’s one of your favorites.”

“It is. Is there anything else I can help with?”

“You just sit your pretty little self down and let my son take care of you.”

“He always does,” Maggie replied as he held a chair out for her.

He took the chair besides hers and smiled in response to the innuendo Maggie had produced.

After his father said a prayer, they started dishing up the biscuits and sausage gravy.

“So did Brian tell you about the time I came home and caught him ‘rehearsing lines’ for the school play?” Jackie said.

“Mom! “Brian protested and turned bright red. He wanted to crawl under the table instead of having Maggie looking at him like she was. She was getting a kick out of it. She was trying to stifle her smile but she couldn’t help it.

Maggie placed her hand on his thigh under the table then whispered in his ear. “You’re really cute when you blush.”

“She was a pretty little brunette like you too Maggie,” Jackie continued.

“Just put me out of my misery now,” Brian pleaded.

“I think it’s sweet," Maggie said.

He turned his gaze to hers and the redness started to fade. She was the sweet one.