- Text Size +
“My God Mags. Look at you!” Jasmine exclaimed as she and Deidre entered the house. Brian was letting her use it for their ‘book’ club.

“Oh yeah, you’ve definitely got that glow. In fact, it looks pretty fresh,” Deidre teased.

Maggie blushed but it was true. They’d had a little fun before he left to hang with some of his friends for a couple of hours.

“Oh yeah! So where is Mr. wonderful?” Jasmine said.

“He’s out with some friends.”

“Has he introduced you to any of them yet?”

“Not yet but he did just introduce me to his parents so don’t be getting suspect just yet. Besides, after he meets my parents, he’s going to introduce me to the guys before they get to work on the next album.”

“Well you’ve got this all figured out girlfriend. I’m proud of you,” Deidre said.

“So what are his ‘rents like lady?” Jasmine said.

“I love his parents. His mom is so cool. His dad’s kind of quiet but really nice,” Maggie gushed. She couldn’t help herself. They were the nicest people in the world. The kind of parents she wished she had.

“Kind of like your boy huh?”

“It’s those quiet ones you have to watch out for I’ve been told,” Deidre teased.

“You guys!”Maggie protested.

“Come on Mags. You know he’s a stud behind closed doors.”

The doorbell rang. “Don’t even think about it,”she ordered and went to answer the door.

“Pizza a la Camille,” she announced as she made her way through the door carrying a piping hot pizza and bottle of wine.

“You’re lucky the food’s here. I’m starving, “ Deidre grinned and followed Camille.

Jasmine linked her arm through Maggie’s and said,” If we didn’t love you so much we wouldn’t tease you Mags. Plus, I’m kind of jealous you got a guy with such a cute butt.”

Her friends were jealous of her? That was a first but it felt kind of good. “He does doesn’t he?” Maggie smiled.

“Just the right amount to hold onto.”

“I can’t argue that.”

“Mags! Shame on you!” Jasmine feigned shocked as they laughed.

“Well it’s true.”

“So what are you two talking about?” Camille had made herself more familiar than she already was in the kitchen.

“Brian’s cute little butt,” Jasmine shot out.

“He does have a nice ass,” Deidre agreed.

“Come on you guys! This is my boyfriend we’re talking about,” Maggie protested.

“Oh come on Mags. You’re gonna have to get used to it. I’m sure there are plenty of his fans out there that think the same thing,” Camille supplied as though it were an actual fact.

Maggie knew it was true. If he was going to be the man in her life, it was something she was going to have to deal with. “Okay. Enough about me guys, how are things going with you?”

“Well I did start seeing this guy a couple of weeks ago,” Jasmine spoke up.

“And you’re here with us?”

“I know. What was I thinking in turning down a romantic evening with my boyfriend?”

“Ha, ha. Anyone special for you right now De?”

“No but there are a few prospects,” She replied and took a bite of her pizza.

“So Mags, you never did tell me what happened with that second opinion,” Camille casually dropped the subject into their conversation.

Maggie pulled a slice of pizza from the box and laid it on her plate.

“Did we miss something?” Jasmine said.

“You want to tell them ?” Camille cocked her brow inquisitively.

After finishing her first bite, Maggie looked to the uninformed parties in the room. “ When I went in for my female exam, the doctor said I may never be able to have children so when we got back from his parents, Brian went with me for the second opinion that Camille was asking about and that doctor told us basically the same thing.”

“Oh Mags, I’m so sorry,” Camille said and pulled her into a hug.

“Camille, I’m okay. We’ve talked about the options we have,” Maggie replied as she pulled away.

“Wow. You got yourself a good man there Mags. Does he have a single brother?” Deidre joked.

“He has a brother but he’s not single.”

“Damn!” Deidre laughed.

“Okay enough seriousness. I’ll give you the grand tour and then you can give me more grief about my
boyfriend, “ Maggie said as they continued carrying on.



Brian arrived home about the time Maggie and the girls were saying their goodbyes. He was so nice to her friends and they even thanked him for letting them use the house (which was unusual for most of them). She closed the door and turned to find him patiently waiting for her.

“Did you have a good time? “ He smiled as he approached her.

“It was very nice. Did you have a nice evening out?”

“I did but I missed you,” he said with a smile and pulled her away from the door.

“I missed you,” Maggie replied and slid her arms around his neck.

“I think we should go upstairs and miss each other.” His lips softly brushed hers.

“I think we should start down here,” Maggie suggested and kissed him full on the lips.

“I’m gonna have to be careful with you young lady.”

“You love it and you know it.”

“I love you Maggie.” It was so nice to have someone in his life that shared it with him instead of wanting to be involved in every part. He just prayed that Maggie’s dad would give his permission when he asked for her hand next weekend.