- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Hey all! I do apologize for the length between updates. I kind of took an unplanned hiatus but I am back now so they should be more regular. Thank you for your patience and enjoy!



Maggie rest her head against his shoulder as they waited for the luggage carousel to start spinning that night. It had been too long of a weekend. And a ton to process. Her mother was still so callous after everything that had happened. Her mother could suck it for all she cared. The woman didn’t deserve her love after all these years. Her father was the only parent she had that she could trust and she prayed to God her mother didn’t hold him back from walking her down the aisle on her big day. It would be just like her to do it too.

“You okay angel?”

“I’m fine. There’s just a lot processing upstairs right now.” She looked up at him.

Rubbing her shoulder, he kissed her forehead as she returned it to its previous and very comfy spot. Until she heard a voice calling out her name. She turned her head and was taken back in time.

“Maggie?”

“Chris?” She let go of Brian and hugged her friend.

“Let me look at you.” He stepped back and admired her. “Wow! You look amazing Mags. I’m assuming your boyfriend has something to do with it?”

She grabbed Brian’s hand and could tell he was not pleased with their little reunion but she introduced him anyway. “Brian, this is Chris and Chris, this is my fiance’…..well it’s not quite official yet.

“But it will be,” he interrupted. Who was this jerk anyway?

Brian secured his arm around her waist. Oh no! He was jealous. Great! “Yes it will be. It’s been a couple of years since we’ve talked.”

“Yes it has. We need to rectify that now don’t we?”

“It would be great to get together sometime. “

“Well it’ll have to wait just a little bit longer cuz he’s all mine.” A pretty blond wrapped her arms around his waist from behind; resting her head on his shoulder.
Now it was Maggie’s turn to feel insecure. Why she didn’t know. It wasn’t like Brian was eyeing her like a piece of meat or something but she was absolutely gorgeous.

“Maggie this is MY fiancé, Trish. Trish this is the girl that tutored me in basic college English,” Chris introduced them.

“So this is the infamous girl that got away?”

Brian’s eyes widened as much as mine. “Something I should know?”

“Chris told me he had the biggest crush on you because you were the only girl on campus that never fell all over themselves to hook up with him,” Trish explained.

Maggie attempted to hide her smile at Chris’ blush.

“You were the only one that was supposed to know that Trish,” Chris returned.

“So what are you two doing at the airport so late at night like us?”

“We just spent the week in Hawaii where I proposed to her.”

“How romantic! So do you have a date in mind?”

“We want to do a winter wedding,” Trish responded to Maggie’s inquiry.

“That will be beautiful.”

“So what about you guys? Any ideas?”

“We’re thinking sometime in spring.” Maggie and Brian answered in unison.

“You’ll make a beautiful spring bride Mags,” Chris commented.

Brian’s grip tightened on her. She wasn’t going to push it but she wasn’t going to let Brian rule her friendships either. Chris was always a decent guy around her. Never once made a pass in all the time she got him through his class. The luggage carousel chose that moment to start spinning. “Well that’s us so why don’t’ we exchange numbers and maybe we can go on a double date for dinner sometime or I could cook dinner for us at my place even.”

“ Sounds like a plan. You got yourself one of the good ones Brian. Take good care of her.”

“Thank you. I will.” He answered curtly. He knew Maggie loved him but Chris was six foot, built and could have any woman he wanted. Funny how Maggie never noticed how hot the guy was for her. Okay, yeah, he was a tad jealous of the guy but what guy wouldn’t be overprotective of his girlfriend with a guy like that?

Maggie couldn’t understand why Brian was so jealous all of a sudden. It’s not like other men had never not looked at her before. She enjoyed the fact that he was but it was a wee bit over the top at that point. After exchanging numbers, she gave Chris one last hug and told Trish it was nice to meet her; going their separate ways. The drive home was unbearably silent and he helped her up with her luggage. This was ridiculous. He slid his arm around her waist and quickly pecked her on the cheek.

“Get some rest and I’ll pick you up for coffee in the morning.” He started heading for the door.

“Brian, what’s going on?”

“What do you mean angel?” He turned back to face her.

“Ever since the airport you’ve been abnormally quiet.”

“I’m just tired baby. I’m sorry.”

“Brian, you know I’m not one to push but I think there’s more going on than you’re admitting to.”

“You’re right Maggie. There is. I’m jealous.”

“Of?”

He raised his brow.

Wow! He was admitting to it.

“I’m sure Chris is a very nice guy but he did have the hots for you at one point in time.”

She approached Brian and gently took his hand as she looked into his eyes.” I love you Brian. I’d worry if you didn’t get a little jealous but until tonight, I had no idea he had a thing for me.”

“What guy wouldn’t have a thing for you Maggie Sue?” His gaze averted to the floor. She used her free hand and lifted his chin.

“Brian. I only have eyes for you. You’re the only man in the world I want to grow old with. I’m in love with YOU.”

“ I guess I am being pretty childish about this guy aren’t I?”

“A little,” Maggie smiled and giggled. “Maybe if you stay with me tonight I can show you how much I love you.”

“Maggie!” He mocked shock. “ What kind of boy do you think I am?”

“The kind that doesn’t say no.”

“I can never resist you. I like this side of you.” He kissed her softly then swept her up off the floor. They’d both dealt with a lot this weekend but for the rest of the night, they would just forget.