- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



Thank you for hanging in with me. I got a little blocked but I believe this chapter will make up for it. Enjoy!





“Oh Mags! You look absolutely gorgeous!” Deidre complimented as Maggie emerged from the hall in Camille’s house.

The light blue material shimmered and the skirt floated around her like a cloud. Her hair was piled up on top of her head with tiny ringlets framing her face. She wore diamond studs so as not to take away from the beauty of the dress. She’d never worn anything off her shoulder much less strapless but when they’d been in the shop the weekend before, they convinced her that it wasn’t inappropriate to show some skin in public. She fidgeted with the cleavage and Jasmine approached.

“Maggie, you look amazing. It’s not going to fall down and if it does, just press up against
Bri, hide in a dark corner and make out. This is your night. He’s doing all this for you girlfriend. I hope I get so lucky one day,” Jasmine said as gave Maggie a hug. “I do believe you’re missing one thing though.” She retrieved her purse and pulled out a tiny jar of body glitter. She spread it sparingly over each shoulder then stepped back with Deidre and Camille. “You are definitely going to be the bell of the ball.” At that, the doorbell rang.

The butterflies swirled in her stomach but the minute Brian stepped inside, they disappeared. He looked so handsome in his tuxedo. The cummerbund and tie matched the color of her dress. He couldn’t tear his eyes off of her and for the first time since they’d started dating, she didn’t blush. He approached and pressed his lips to her cheek before whispering in her ear, “You’re breathtaking tonight angel. Cinderella ain’t got nothing on you.”

She giggled as he stepped back slightly. He opened the plastic container with her white rose wrist corsage. As he placed it on her, the girls snapped pictures .

Camille handed her the container with Brian’s boutonniere. Initially she fumbled with it before finally getting it pinned to the lapel of his jacket.

The girls snapped a couple of pictures with Brian’s arm wrapped around her waist before they stepped outside. Maggie’s jaw dropped at the sight of the white stretch limousine waiting for what she assumed was the group of them. After all, the girls were ready. She just figured their dates were going to meet them at the final destination. “Aren’t you guys joining us?”

“This is your night Mags. We’ll see you there, “Camille smiled at her friend. The chauffer opened the door. Maggie lifted her skirts and stepped into the vehicle as Brian followed. Mags had never been very lucky in love but boy when Cupid shot his arrow this time, he hit the mark right on.

Brian was always the perfect gentleman but instead of allowing the chauffer to assist her out of the limousine, he took her hand and helped her. She looked like a Disney princess and she sparkled from head to toe. He was nervous enough about the evening as it was. He prayed she hadn’t noticed. He held his arm out and she slid her arm through; followed with a chaste kiss on the lips.

Arm in arm, they entered the hall he had rented and had transformed into Paris at night with the help of their friends. They were the last to arrive and Maggie stopped in her tracks once they were through the doors.

She took in the scenery and the banner over the stage that read in large script ‘A Night To Remember’. Strings of tiny twinkling white lights were strung throughout the room. Posters of Paris were also hung sporadically on the walls. In the center of all the tables that were set to look like something from a sidewalk café sat a replica of the Eiffel Tower. He did all THIS for her. His voice distracted her from the decorations.

“Is everything okay angel?”

“You…..This…….I….This is amazing.” She was choked up and was really trying to hold the happy tears back. This was the prom she missed as a teenager. She’d hit the jackpot with Brian. Not that she needed any more proof but now she knew that Brian would do anything for her.

“Well I had a little help,” he remarked.

“I know but it was your idea. They just helped bring it to life. Thank you.” She smiled then softly kissed him.

“Thank you for walking into that coffee shop. Shall we?” He requested and she allowed him to lead her to the tables.

As he held the chair, she noted the tiny place cards on the table with their names on each one. Of course they were closest to the dance floor but dinner was first on the list. As he took his seat, she saw that all of her friends were enjoying their evening as much as she and Brian already had.

He took her hand and pressed his lips against the back of it. “We have pretty incredible friends don’t we?”

“Yes we do,” she agreed as the bow-tied waiter set what she assumed was two glasses of champagne before them. So it would be a little different than a teenage prom in the fact that they could consume alcohol but beyond that, it was everything she dreamt it would be.



Over the course of the night Maggie had met his friends’ significant others and she smiled inside when she saw Deidre and AJ getting along. They were enjoying themselves out on the dance floor and she smiled inwardly hoping she’d played Cupid this time. Brian had done a grand job of making sure the evening included everything it should. From the cheesy decorations to a photographer with background of the Eiffel tower at night, he’d covered it all. The DJ continued to play the music but she was so consumed with Brian that she didn’t even care what was playing. He stood behind her with his arms gently wrapped around her waist. Her hands rested over his.


“Have I told you how beautiful you are tonight?”

“Not in the last hour.” She smiled.

“Okay you two, stop flirting and make me believe you couldn’t be more in love than you already are,” the photographer requested their attention.

She crooked her head and was caught off guard by the kiss that followed.

“Perfect!”

And that’s how prom night would be immortalized for Maggie. Not bad for the girl that had to wait sixteen years after high school to get her prom night.

“Would you like to dance again?”

“I’d love to,” she replied and allowed him to lead her onto the floor yet again. It was the middle of a song she knew but couldn’t recognize the artist. The DJ progressed into Drowning, which was one of the guys’ more romantic endeavors she thought as he held her closer.

“Did you have him play this song?”

“Maybe,” Brian toyed. He was a nervous wreck now that the moment had come. So far she hadn’t read into the nerves.

“Tease, but I do love you,” she said and laid her head on his shoulder as the song continued to cast a magical spell on the evening.

When the song ended, he left her where she was and told her he’d be right back.

Five minutes had passed. Where was he? That’s when she saw him walking up onto the stage and interrupting the DJ. What was going on? He held the microphone and crossed to the center before requesting everyone’s attention.

“Could I have your attention for a moment please?” Came his voice through the sound system. “First of all, I’d like to thank everybody for joining me and Maggie tonight. You are an amazing group of friends and without you, I could not have given Maggie something that was sixteen years in the making.” After the laughter had died down, he continued,” Now most Proms have a king and queen but we’re gonna do something a little different here tonight. Maggie, would you please join me?”

She made her way to the stage as quickly as she could in the ball gown she was wearing. Once she made her way up the stairs, she approached Brian. “What is this all about?”
Chapter End Notes:


If you'd like to take a look at how I envisioned Maggie's dress, this is the address. You'll have to copy and past cuz I'm technologically illiterate with that stuff LOL


http://www.ifishinthesky.com/fits037562-2011-style-aline-strapless-beading-sleeveless-floorlength-tulle-prom-dress-evening-dress-p-200008710.html