- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Before you read this one, i'm going to say I took a lot of liberties with this! None of the tweets or pics or bombs are actually real ones but all made up to fit with this story, so don't bother going in search of them because they do not exist. Sadly, I could see AJ easily doing all the things in here though. This story is either the dumbest thing i've ever written or one of the funniest. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I hope you guys think it's the latter of the two. Finally, I apologize to you AJ, but you had this coming for a while now! Enjoy!!

 

A Day in the Life of AJ as told through Twitter, Instagram and one random Bomb!

 

AJ

 

 

It’s been a long couple of days in the land of Backstreet, a land I was very happy to be revisiting. I miss my monkee and I miss my dogs, but it felt great to be back all together and doing this again. I have to admit up until this past week, I had my doubts that Kevin was going to really join us. I felt like maybe we were just being punked or something, but seeing him here and now just brought a smile to my face.

Life is good man…life is good!

I must take a minute and let my fans know how good my life is.

Tweets: life is good

*stops mid thought, takes his camera, aims above his head and takes a picture of himself*

“Hey AJ”

I glance over to Howie who comes and takes a seat beside me at our breakfast table. It’s day two of our adventure all together. Yesterday’s trip to the studio was awesome. We got so much done. The songs we heard were all stellar!

“What up D?”

“Nothing much, just wondering if you want to catch a movie with me later?”

“Sounds good, anything in mind?”

“How about the new Spiderman?”

“Works for me, want to do dinner beforehand?”

“Nah, Nick and I are doing sushi.”

“So, why can’t I come along?”

“We’re having one on one time.”

“Oh, okay whatever.”

“He’s not coming to the movies with us because WE are having one on one time.”

“Got it.”

“I just figured.”

“Yeah, one on one time with all of us, got it D. Um…can I ask you a stupid question?”

“Stupider than usual?”

“Ha freaking haha.”

He winked at me, “Yeah, go ahead and ask, although I probably know what’s coming. You wouldn’t be the first one to ask this morning.”

“I would hope not.” I glanced down at his feet and continued, “Why are you wearing roller skates?”

“Good question AJ. Sometimes you just have to skate, you know?”

I shook my head at him, “Uh…no. I can safely say I never have the urge to roller skate but that gives me a great idea for a picture!”  

Tweets: Howie D is roller skating all around the Backstreet House! It’s a laugh riot!

After typing that out, I stood up and handed D my phone.

“Will you take a picture of me for the fans?”

He gave me an odd look but then nodded and snapped a picture.

“The fans will love this pic!”

He handed me my phone and then skated away.

Howie D skating around the house was only the first of very weird things to happen the morning before our second day of recording again. The second occurrence happened when I walked into the kitchen to grab something to eat.

“What the hell is going on in here?” I asked perplexed as Brian took his head out of the sink all foamy from soap.

“My shower wasn’t working this morning. I was in the middle of washing my hair when the water turned ice cold on me!”

“That sucks!”

“Yeah, tell me about it!”

“You could have just used my shower.”

“I didn’t think of that, I just came running in here and thought I’d just finish it off in the sink. I used to do this when I was a teenager and running late for school.”

“You used to stick your head in the sink?”

“Yeah.”

“You kind of look like Bozo’s grandpa like that!”

Then I had a great idea!

“Oh my God, just stay like that for a minute, okay?”

He rolled his eyes, “Okay.”

I pulled out my phone again.

Tweet: Rok’s shower wasn’t working this morning so he washed his hair in the sink. Looks like Bozo’s grandpa!

I then handed my phone to Brian, “Take my picture Rok!”

Brian gave me a weird look but then snapped the picture and handed my phone back to me.

“Thanks, the fans will love this!”

“Can I wash this out of my hair now?”

“Yeah, sorry.”

He shook his head at me and then placed it back under the sink.

I opened the fridge, trying to find something that would tide me over for a while. We planned on really working our asses off today to get some recording done. Maybe lay down our first real tracks for an album starting with Rok’s excellent song. The only thing I found in the fridge that looked semi appetizing was cold pizza, so I grabbed two slices out of the box and made my way into the dining room where Nick was already sitting there drinking something weird. The boy was almost always drinking or eating something very weird these days and he was always trying to get us to 'share' in his enlightened experiences. His saying, not mine. For what it's worth, I just think he's freaking nuts.

Today, weird came in the form of something foamy and purple looking.

“Did you see grandpa Bozo in the kitchen?”

He was also reading a newspaper, “Huh?”

“Brian’s head in the sink.”

He looked over at me, “What?”

“Brian’s head is in the sink in the kitchen.”

“And his body is where?”

He seemed perplexed, but I found that question oddly disturbing. As if it was perfectly acceptable for Brian’s head to be somewhere completely different than his body.

“Attached to his head, still.”

“That’s good to know.”

He sighed and then started reading his paper again as he took a sip of the Gak like substance in his cup.

“What is that?”

“A morning pop.”

“And that is?”

“Purple cauliflower, orange juice, and poppy seeds.”

I gagged a little bit before adding a sarcastic, “Yum,” At the end.

“Don’t knock it til you try it bro, it’s awesome!”

He started to slide it over my way,  but if something could look even less appealing then unappealing this won hands down.

“No thanks, I’m good with my pizza.” I stopped its further advances in my direction and he shrugged.

I was just about to ask him about the whole roller skating Howie thing when D came barreling in on his skates, flailing his arms around like a crazy person and landing at the end of the table, careening over it, taking the purple glass along for the ride, and ending up on Nick’s lap as they both tumbled to the ground.

I stood up, “Holy Shit! Are you guys okay?”

I looked down, Nick’s feet in the air, Howie’s ass between them and purple goo everywhere. It looked like Barney exploded all over the room.

“We’re fine,” came the combined response.

Only then did I feel like it was okay to laugh. I once again pulled out my phone.

Tweet: Howie roller skated right into the table and Nick. Purple goo all over the place, hilarious!

Then I grabbed the phone, and snapped a picture of myself just as the two of them got up off the ground.

Nick had that stuff all over himself. I mean all over himself. It was on his hair, on his shirt and pants, even on his sneakers. Howie was spared, miraculously. Maybe Gak only hit enlightened ones? I was afraid fists were going to fly, I mean Nick doesn’t like it when people skate into him and knock purple goo all over the place, usually. But this time he just laughed as did Howie.

That got me going again.

I pulled my phone out.

Tweet:  Phew! Seems like all is well but man it’s going to take forever to get the goo out of Nick’s hair!

Nick and Howie put their arms around each other and looked at me and posed. I took a picture of the wall right off to the side of them. It had a gross gob of goo slowly making its way down the wall.

“The fans are going to love this shit!”

They both looked at me like I was crazy, why do I keep getting those looks?

“What in the holy hell happened in here? It looks like Smurf Armageddon or something!”

“Smurfs are blue, Kev.” Nick said matter of factly as he grabbed some napkins and continued to wipe himself off.

“Okay, well…I guess I have my answer then?” The look on Kevin’s face was priceless.

“Howie skated into me and I spilled my pop all over the place.”

“Remind me never to get pop in this country ever again if it looks like that!”

He paused and sat down; taking Nick’s newspaper that was miraculously spared any of Barney’s innards and started flipping through it. “So, why are you wearing roller skates?”

I sat down too, ready to listen to this story. Howie didn't elaborate earlier and I was too eager to share the excitement with the fans to really ask. They are really going to love me for how much I’m sharing with them this morning! And we haven't even gotten to the studio yet.

He sat down and took the skates off, “Leigh and James bought them for me. She thought it was a good idea if I practice since when I get back to the states, we're taking James skating for the very first time.”

“Good thing because you suck, dude, Seriously.” Nick smirked and shook his head. I admit I was kind of impressed with how he dealt with the whole situation. “I guess I need to jump in the shower again.”

“Make it quick, we're already running a little late.” Kevin taped his watch as if to drive the point home.

Brian walked out of the kitchen with his head in a towel, “You might want to make sure your water is hot before totally committing. Why are pink?”

“I'm purple, Jesus, can't any of you tell your colors apart?”

He looked at me and shrugged. “Stupid me for asking I guess. I'm going to go get dressed.”

Brian and Nick walked out of the dining room just as Kevin pulled out something from the backpack he brought in. “Before I forget…” He said reaching in and handing it to me, “Kris told me to give this to you.”

He handed me the small gift bag which I opened immediately. Inside was a black and white blanket it looked like. “Aww, nice blanket, thanks man!”

He grabbed it away from me, “It’s not a blanket AJ, look.” He took it and started to unfold it and then placed it on his head. He grunted a little, it was a bit small for his huge ass head but he still persisted in placing it on there anyway. When he looked up at me, there was a cow staring back.

“You have a cow on your head.”

“It’s cute, right? Kristin’s mom made a bunch for Mason but he’s outgrown them.”

“But you haven't?”

I grabbed my phone again.

Tweet: Kevin has a cow on his head! I swear today has been the weirdest ass day ever!

*takes picture of the gift bag*

“What are you doing?”

“Taking a picture for the fans.”

“Of the gift bag?”

“Yeah.” He gave me a weird look as his cow ears jiggled. Then he and Howie exchanged that same look and shook their heads.

I have no idea?

After about thirty minutes we were all ready to make our way to the studio. We decided to walk to lunch first because we all need the exercise and as much as he wanted to, we wouldn't allow Howie to skate there. There would be no more skating at the Backstreet house.

“KEVIN!!” Except for Nick screaming bloody murder before we walked out the door.

“What?”

“Shoes DUDE SHOES!!!”

Kevin laughed, “Oh, my bad…sorry kiddo.”

Nick came into the foyer all purple again. “I tripped over your goddamn shoes and spilled my pop AGAIN!”

“Maybe it’s a sign you shouldn't be drinking that stuff, Nicky!”

This time it wasn't quite so bad. He only had it on his shirt, but he wasn't as happy about it as he was before. There was no Carter giggles.  Since I knew we were going to be delayed, I thought I'd make a bomb video! The fans would love to hear this story.

I walked into the living room and grabbed my phone as the others were all arguing in the background.

Nick: I need to change

Kevin: Just leave it. We're only going to the studio no one is going to care.

AJ bomb: Hey guys, just getting ready to head to the studio. Lots of interesting things happening this morning as you can tell by my pictures!

*in the background out of camera shot*

Nick: But there are still fans there!

Kevin: So, go topless then!

Howie: They'd love that!

Nick: Fine! *Nick strips off shirt out of camera shot as all the boys whoop and holler “take it off!”*

AJ bomb: Guys, keep it down, I'm trying to record a bomb video here!

*Nick pulls his pants down and moons all the guys in the background out of camera shot as guys comment on his ass randomly*

AJ bomb: Anyway, sorry about the noise, Nick is naked and mooning people. We're having a great time in the studio and really can’t wait for this album to come out.

Nick: AJ!!

*AJ glances to his right to see Nick’s ass in his face.*

AJ bomb: Whoa buddy, put that thing away. Sorry, now Nick is mooning me! Okay well I need to go, hope you have enjoyed all the crazy pics and videos! I'll post more soon. It’s a good thing you guys have me huh?

I walked back into the foyer as Nick was pulling up his pants, he was still not wearing a shirt. Brian was standing there looking amused, Kevin and Howie were shaking their heads.

"Hey guys! Can I take one final picture for the fans before heading out?"

"You and that stupid camera!" Nick grunted, "Okay, make it fast."

Tweet: Backstreet's Back and ready to go!

I handed the camera to Nick, "Okay man take a picture of me whenever you're ready!"

I paused when they all just stood there looking at me like I was insane.

What?