- Text Size +
White. There was only white all around him. Shiny, clear and bright. He batted the eyelids, although those seemed to weight more than ever imagined. As a secnd thought came into his mind, his whole body seemed to be heavier and this left him perplexed.
Then, as his mind cleared from the fog that was held around it, Brian remembered shattered fragments about the previous hours. On a instict, his hand went to find and held that object he never let go of it, the one he fought to keep it with him. He made a number and the same and old metallic voice replied.

«Nick? It's me. Again. I guess... - Brian cleared his voice with a cough but it stayed rough, a slight whisper that only a telephone could pick up and hear. - ... I'm still here. I didn't die. And maybe it is a relief for you, right? I didn't know, I didn't realize how bad I'd fallen, how far I'd let the pain and suffering take me and shattered me so bad.
You probably already know what happened, you are probably the one who told Kevin where he could find me. Yes, it has to be this way since no one really knew how much important that park is for me. For us. No one knew that you proposed to me on that very bridge. We were waiting for the new year, we were waiting to have all the time to organize everything before telling everyone. It was our secret. And yes, I've already asked Kevin and he said that he knew where to find me 'cause he had found our diary. But.... but I'd like to think that it was you who sent him in the right path. You were my angel when you were still alive, so, it's right that you're still, even now that you have a whole cloud all for yourself. I should be angry. I should be mad that I failed, that someone prevent me to do what I felt was right. And, maybe, a part of me is actually angry and it's the part of my soul and heart that still long to be whevere you are. That would that still throb and bleed to be by your side.
I still want to be with you. I still want you by my side but... I know you wouldn't want to see me reduced in this state. I'm a shallow shadow of the man you knew and loved and although I know I won't ever be that person again, I can promise that I will try. Now more than ever I want you to look down on me and be proud of who I will become. I don't want you to be worried about me anymore.
I have a lot to work on. The other day, with Kevin, I let out only a slim part about my pain. But now, for the first time, I'm not only seeing clouds and storms. Guess I needed to fall this hard to start seeing a little ray of hope and light and I know now which direction I must take.
I've made a promise. I've promised Kevin that I will start to look after and take care of myself. I've promised him that I will heal some of my wounds, 'cause he knows that some of them will always be part of myself until my last breath. He knows 'cause he's been through it.
And now. Now, with this message, I'm making a promise to you. And you know I've never broken a vow, especially to you. I love you and it's something that I will never stop doing it. But I think it's time to go back to the start and love myself again.»