- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

hope you like it, please review, then I'll be certain to continue

  1. Failed promises.

April 1993

Kevin had promised him. It wasn’t fair. Nick was young, and when you were young, promises meant a lot. Kevin had promised him that Nick would like The New Guy. Had said The New Guy was just like Nick. Well, if that were true, Nick desperately needed to change. What a dork! Of course, Nick realised now, that Kevin had probably only said those things to make Nick a little more approving towards the new edition to the group.

“And the silent kid brooding over there is Nick, who normally isn’t so quiet,’’ he heard AJ sneer and instantly hated AJ too. The idiot was only two years older than Nick, but by the way he talked or looked, you would say he’d had years of experience. AJ liked to brag about everything. Whenever you came with a supercool story, Alexander would always know a better and bigger story and then he’d steal away your moment of glory. Nick knew Alex had recently changed his name into AJ, but he kept calling him Alex, cause he knew that was the only thing that would piss the guy off.

Nick didn’t respond to AJs calling and he prided himself for not lashing out at him. Instead he kept his head down and held his breath. He felt the stares from the other three, and The New Guy, drilling through his back. He knew New Guy’s name very well, but refused to acknowledge it, and he would continue to do so until New Guy would go away. Ha, right! If only that would happen… Finally he looked up, but only because he knew his mom would kill him if she knew how he was behaving. Luckily his mom wasn’t there, but that wouldn’t stop Alex from telling her all about his meeting with New Guy, and Nick would be grounded ‘til next week. All because of New Guy. Great. New Guy hadn’t even said a word and Nick already hated him more than he had thought possible.

                As he scrutinized New Guy, he could tell New Guy was doing the same to him. Nick didn’t care about what New Guy was thinking about him, cause Nick belonged in this group and New Guy didn’t. Four is more than enough for this group and this guy is my prove. He didn’t want New Guy to have a reason to stay and he would do anything in his power to make sure New Guy would regret he ever tried to be in their band.

 

                September 2015

Kevin had promised him. It wasn’t fair. Kevin had promised him that it would be alright and Nick had felt like he was thirteen again. Kevin had often promised him it would be alright throughout Nick’s whole life, and he had believed the oldest Backstreet Boy every single time. But this wasn’t alright. Nick didn’t like strangers, he would admit that much. He had been awfully mean towards new people his entire life. But this was different. The guy on stage reminded him so much of another certain New Guy, that it hurt. And the worst thing was, everyone else seemed to love him. He couldn’t really put a finger on why he hated the guy. But he wasn’t Brian. He would never be Brian. And that was reason enough.

Chapter End Notes:

whahappen?