- Text Size +

“So what are you going to do now?” Brooke asked her cousin as they sat in the kitchen drinking coffee.

 

Alissa shrugged. “I don’t know. I think it would be best if I did what I was going to do and go back to Boston. “

 

“No you can’t go back!” Brooke yelled. “I spent all last night crying because you left and then I wake up to find you sleeping in my backyard! You can’t leave again. I’m going to miss you too much.” Brooke whispered. “I’ll help you through anything; do anything for you, if you just agree to stay.”

 

“You’re the only one who wants me to stay.” Alissa said sadly.

 

Brooke thought about what happened the night before when AJ came to the house looking for her cousin. Do I tell her or not? Brooke thought.

 

Alissa glanced over at her cousin and noticed that Brooke looked like she was having an argument in her head. “Hey, are you ok? What’s bugging you?”

 

Brooke shook her head. “No, I’m fine. Just thinking of how I can convince you to stay.”

 

In that moment, Brooke decided not to tell Alissa what had happened. She didn’t want to risk her cousin getting hurt again and she was sure that it would definitely happen if Alissa got any more invested in AJ. I mean, really, he was a member of the most popular boy band! He would probably stick around for a little while and then just leave if he thought he found the next best thing. No, I’m not going to say anything!

 

Brooke looked over at her cousin and asked her what she’d like to do for the day.

 ------------------------ 

AJ paced around his house for the next few days in complete shutdown mode. He finally decided that it would just be best for everyone if he left town for a while to clear his head. He called his mother to let her know, got into his truck and left, not exactly sure where he was going or when he would be coming back.