- Text Size +

The next couple of months were terrific for Alissa and AJ. She got to know his family and friends much better and became more comfortable around them. She had gotten the job at the daycare and worked Monday through Thursday. That left the nights and weekends free and they enjoyed the time together.

 

Alissa came home one afternoon and Brooke handed her a note.

 

“It’s from AJ. He wants you to pack some clothes and stuff. He has a surprise for you and he’ll be back in about an hour.”

 

Alissa slapped her cousin in the shoulder. “Thanks for minding my business for me! I have to go up, change and pack.” She started for the stairs when her cousin said she had packed for her already.

 

“You trying to get rid of me?”

 

Brooke laughed. “No, but I know how long it takes you to pack.”

 

“Ha, ha, you’re such a comedian.” Alissa said with a smile and went to change.

-------------------- 

AJ showed up as Alissa was finishing up. He kissed her and asked if she was ready to go.

 

“I am but where are we going?” she asked.

 

“It’s a surprise.” AJ winked and took her bag out to the car.

 

Alissa said goodbye to her cousin and met AJ by the truck. He opened the door for her, helped her in and then climbed into the driver’s seat.  They started out and eventually, got onto the highway and heading up the coast.

 

“You’re still not going to tell me, are you?”

 

AJ laughed. “Absolutely not.” He reached for her hand and didn’t let go until they got to the cabin.

 

“Where are we? Are you planning to tell me since we’re already here?” Alissa laughed.

 

“We’re in Pacific Grove. I thought it was time to get away from everything and everyone for a while. Happy with the idea?”

 

“It’s perfect.” Alissa said. “But, from the look on your face though, I’m guessing we’re not going to do anything outside of these walls, are we?”

 

“Not a chance!” AJ said sweeping her off her feet and into the cabin.