- Text Size +

They spent the next few days with each other knowing that AJ would be leaving soon to go on tour with the boys.  The night before they left, AJ planned a romantic evening for Alissa. He picked her up at work and drove her to the beach where they took their first walk.

 

“I remember the first day we spent together. I was so glad that we finally had all this crap behind us and we could just be ourselves and enjoy it.” AJ said taking Alissa’s hand.

 

“Me too.”

 

They walked for a while without saying anything. Finally, AJ stopped her and pulled her into his arms.

“I love you.” he said leaning in to kiss her.

 

Alissa smiled. “I love you too AJ. I’m going to miss you more than you know when you leave. I wish you didn’t have to go.”

 

AJ looked sad. “Me too. But its three months and then I’ll be home after that. You know you can join me whenever you want, right?”

 

“I do. I just don’t want you to be working and for me to be a distraction.”

 

“You’d be the best kind of distraction. One I would welcome anytime.” he said, grinning at her.

 

“I promise to join you at least once a month. We’ll text and talk every day. Just think of what it will be like when you get home. You think we’re bad now!” Alissa said laughing.

 

“I can’t wait that long.” AJ said dragging her by the hand back to the car. “Let’s go home now!”

 -------------------------

 

The next day, the guys headed to the airport with Alissa and their wives.  Everyone was hugging each other and they finally announced the boarding of their flight.

 

AJ pulled Alissa tight and she started to tear up.

 

“Don’t cry Liss. I promise to call you as soon as we get there and every day while we’re gone. You already have your flight to join us in a couple of weeks, right?”

 

Alissa nodded and a tear slipped down her cheek.

 

“Come here.” AJ sat and hugged her tightly. “I love you so much and I can’t wait to see you in a couple of weeks.” he whispered into her hair. “I meant what I said. I want you to look at that necklace and remember that I am with you no matter where I go.”

 

They made the last boarding call for the plane and AJ kissed Alissa and told her that he loved her again.

 

“I love you too AJ!” Alissa pulled him in and kissed him fiercely. “I’ll see you soon!”

 

The guys were walking onto the plane when Brian pulled him aside.

 

“I knew this would be hard on you so I asked Leighanne to watch out for Alissa. She’ll make sure she’s ok especially today. The girls were planning on going back to the house to relax and I know that she’ll insist on Alissa being there.”

 

“Thanks B.”

 

“No problem.” Brian said and the guys boarded the plane.

 --------------------------------

 

Leighanne asked Alissa to come back to the house and Alissa accepted, mostly because she didn’t want to be by herself.