- Text Size +

They spent the night holed up in the hotel room watching TV and talking. They had decided not to go to the restaurant and just order room service instead.

 

“I know that it’s not the most romantic thing, but I really just want to spend time with you by ourselves.” AJ said playing with Alissa’s hair as she curled up next to him.

 

“Not at all. I don’t care what we do as long as we’re together.” She smiled and kissed him.

 

“I still can’t believe you’re here. I’ve been waiting two weeks for this!”

 

Alissa laughed. “You’ve only been gone for two weeks!”

 

“So what?”

 

“I’m excited to see your show tomorrow night.”

 

“Well, you have great seats, stage right. I want you as close to me as possible.” AJ said.

 

“Just where I like to be. We should probably get to sleep. You have a long day tomorrow.”

 

AJ smiled, pulled her close and started to kiss her. She laughed and wiggled out of his grasp.

 

“I said sleep Mr. McLean!”

 

AJ looked at her with his puppy dog eyes.

 

“Nope, not going to work this time buddy!” Alissa said and turned around so that AJ was curled up behind her.

 

“Alright.” AJ grumbled into her neck. He pulled her close and wrapped her in his arms. He waited for a few minutes and then asked if she was asleep.

 

“Not yet.” she said half awake. “Why?”

 

“I just wanted to tell you I love you.” He paused for a second. “I’m so happy you’re here Liss. I missed you. All I’ve wanted in the last few weeks is to be able to sleep in the same bed with you and know that you’ll be here in the morning.” He pulled her a little tighter. “Sorry, if I hold you too close but I’m going to enjoy this as much as I can. Sweet dreams Liss. I love you.” AJ kissed her on her neck and buried his head into her neck.

 

“I love you too AJ.”

 

They both faded off to sleep a few minutes later.