- Text Size +

Alissa Emerson thought that she would go deaf from the screams of all the women at the BSB concert that night.  She looked over at her cousin and realized she was thinking the same thing and both women laughed.

 

“I don’t know why I am always surprised to hear all these women screaming for them after all these year.” Alissa laughed.

 

Brooke stared at her and asked, “Seriously sweetheart? Do you hear yourself right now? You were screaming just as loud, if not louder, than any woman in there. I keep saying I am bringing ear plugs the next time I see them with you and somehow I keep forgeting.” teased her cousin.

 

“Come on, I’m not that bad. I mean I’m not like a teenager or anything!”

 

Brooke laughed and said “Most of the time you act like a 34 year old but as soon as you see these guys, you fall into being a star struck teenager! Don’t even try to deny it!”

 

Alissa started to blush which was always cute on her.

 

“I’d better call Adam and let him know that we’re out so he won’t worry.”

 

Brooke eyes darkened and she started to get red in the face. “Worry, worry! He’s doesn’t worry, he just likes to know where you are every moment of the day. I hate him, and don’t bother asking me to be nice about him. He’s so mean to you and I have no idea why you put up with it! You could do so much better. You’re a strong woman and you need to break up with his ass!”

 

Alissa started to argue with her cousin and then thought better of it. Brooke had always hated him and she could understand why.  Adam was a pretty awful boyfriend but after all the broken relationships she had, he was the one who stuck around. It’s not like she was beautiful or something.  She was cute but not someone anyone would think was special.  She had shoulder length brown hair, big blue eyes and a great smile. She was definitely not skinny and had grown up listening to others making fun of her.

 

Brooke broke her concentration. “Hey Earth to Alissa! We should get going before they lock our car in the parking garage!”

 

As they were driving home, Brooke admitted that she was harsh on her cousin.

 

“I know I was hard on you but I think you need to start looking out for yourself instead of everyone else.  I know it was hard growing up with two alcoholic parents but you need to understand you did the best you could do it that situation. You’ve spent your entire life looking out for everyone else and you need to start looking at how you can make yourself happy. Please promise me you’ll try?” Brooke pleaded with her cousin.

 

“I will, I promise. I love you and I know you only want what’s best for me.” Alissa smiled at her cousin and was so glad that she had a best friend that was family and that she could depend on for whatever.

 

“Good! It’s gonna be a long ride home so let’s get the music turned up!” Brooke laughed. She hit the play button and “I Want It That Way” blasted through the speakers.