- Text Size +

Alissa woke up with a throbbing pain in her head. She was having trouble focusing and she was confused as to where she was.  Her sight started to come back into focus a little and she realized she was on the floor of some motel room that she didn’t recognize.

 

“Aw, look at that! Sleeping Beauty finally wakes up!” Adam said standing over her with a malicious grin on his face. “How’s your head feeling?” he laughed.

 

Alissa tried to sit up, but she just fell back down from the pain. “What do you want with me?” she croaked becoming terrified. She didn’t know what time it was and she had no idea where she was.

 

“I just want to talk. I didn’t get the chance the last time we met. I was following you after your appointment today and noticed that your boyfriend of the week wasn’t with you. What’d he get tired of listening to all your whining? I bet he probably found someone a lot better than you, which frankly, wouldn’t be so hard to do!” Adam yelled. “It was the perfect opportunity really, no one around to bother us. You made it so easy by leaving without your cousin.”

 

Alissa started to panic. Was Brooke even looking for her? She told her cousin she needed space but was starting to pray that she wouldn’t let it go too long without going to look for her.

 

“No one’s coming for you. Nobody cares if you go missing. It’s not like you’re important to anyone.” Adam laughed.

 

Alissa started to cry and thought that maybe Adam was right. The thought that nobody would even look for her scared her to death and she started crying even more.

 

“Oh shut up! I don’t know what you’re crying for!” Adam kneeled down and screamed in her face. When Alissa didn’t stop he hit her hard with the back of his hand.  Then, he kept hitting her.

 

Alissa tried to scream but nothing came out.  After what seemed like forever, she passed out again from all the pain.