- Text Size +

A few hours later the guys came out to join the girls and get dinner started. AJ looked around the group and noticed that Alissa was missing.

 

“Where’s Alissa?” AJ asked getting nervous.

 

The women burst into laughter and pointed over at the pool. Everyone looked over to see what was going on.

 

Alissa was in the pool surrounded by five little kids who were doing everything in their power to make sure she was as wet as possible. She was giggling and swam around to avoid the splashes.

 

AJ started to chuckle as he watched his girlfriend playing around with the kids and smiled at how happy and at ease she seemed. He called out to her and told her that they were going to have dinner in a few minutes.

 

Alissa grinned and nodded.

 

By the time dinner was served, she had herded all the kids out of the pool, made sure they all had towels and lead them back to the patio. She collapsed into a chair, exhausted but happy.

 

“Did you enjoy yourself? Think you’ll come back again?” Kevin laughed.

 

“I think so, but they gave me a run for my money out there!” Alissa said.

 

The group ate dinner and then Leighanne brought the kids inside to set them up with a video. She was back out fifteen minutes and walked over to Alissa and gave her a hug.

 

Alissa was surprised and asked Leighanne what is was for.

 

“I put the blankets out for the kids to watch the movie on, set it up and by the time I turned around, all five of them were sound asleep. I have never been able to get them to sleep before two videos have been watched. You must have the magic touch!”

 

AJ reached for Alissa’s hand and whispered “I agree” into her ear and kissed her.

 

“Will you two please get a room?” Nick yelled.

 

“Actually,” AJ laughed, “we’re heading out of here to do that right now!”

 

Alissa went inside to change while AJ, Brooke and Lucas said their goodbyes. When she came back outside, she thanked Brian and Leighanne for inviting them and gave everyone a hug.  The group left and headed back to Brooke’s house.