- Text Size +

AJ raced outside. All he wanted to do was hold her but he was afraid she’d leave if he upset her again.

 

“Hi AJ.” Alissa said as he sat down in the chair across from her. “I just wanted….”

 

AJ stopped her. “Before you say anything else, I want to tell you I’m sorry. I had no business screaming at you like that. I threw the glass out of anger and I was devastated when I saw the look on your face. I did the one thing that I promised you I wouldn’t do. It killed me that I scared you that badly and I wish I could take it back. I can’t fix it but I need you to know how sorry I am.”

 

Alissa looked at him with tears in her eyes.

 

“I’m sorry too. I’m sorry I hurt you, that I didn’t have faith in you and that I never even tried to talk to you. I was awful to you yesterday. I had no right to say that to you. You have every right to move on after what I did.”

 

“I didn’t move on.” AJ said quietly.

 

“But the picture…”

 

“It was wrong. Well not completely. I did bring that woman back to my hotel room but nothing happened. It was a shitty decision on my part. I thought that I could make the memories of us disappear but I was wrong. I couldn’t get past you.”

 

AJ waited for a minute and then reached out for her hand slowly, not knowing whether she would give it to him.  When she did, he pulled her onto his lap and held her there.

 

“I love you Liss. That’s the first thing I should have said. Nothing is ever going to change that. No matter what’s happened, I don’t want anyone else in my bed or my life. You’re my world….”

 

Before he could say anything else, Alissa cupped his face with her hands and kissed him.

 

“I love you too AJ.” she whispered in his ear.

 

AJ kissed her back and pulled her closer. “I’m never going to let you go again!”

--------------------- 

Denise couldn’t hide her smile as she watched her son and Alissa. Both of them were exactly where they were supposed to be.

 ---------------------------------- 

When AJ and Alissa were finally able to pry themselves away from each other, AJ suggested they go back to his place.

 

Alissa smiled, stood up and reached out her hand to AJ.

 

“Don’t you think you’re moving a little too fast Mr. McLean?” she said teasing him.

 

AJ walked over, scooped her up in his arms and carried her to his truck. “I don’t think I’m moving fast enough!” He laughed and kissed her. He buckled her into the passenger side and then jumped into the driver’s side. He drove as fast as he could back home.