- Text Size +

AJ woke up the next morning and thought he was dreaming. Alissa was curled up next to him, pressed into his side with his arms wrapped around her. If he was dreaming, he never wanted to wake up.

 

He stared at her for what seemed like hours before she finally opened her eyes. She looked surprised and then her face lit up and she kissed him.

 

“Good morning Liss.” he said pulling her tighter and kissed her deeply.

 

She smiled. “It’s definitely a good morning” she said stroking his face.  She paused for a minute and then said “I’ve missed sleeping in a bed.”

 

He laughed. “Where else would you sleep?”

 

She grew quiet. “A chair, an air mattress, the floor.”

 

“I don’t understand.” AJ said softly.

 

“I haven’t slept in a bed since we’ve been apart. I couldn’t stand waking up to your side being empty.” she said looking down, her eyes filling with tears.

 

AJ felt his heart break. He cupped his hand under her chin and raised her face up so that he could look in her eyes.

“You will never have to feel like that again. I will be in this bed with you for the rest of our lives. I promise you that Liss.” He pulled her close and kissed her on the head. He smiled and tried to make her laugh by saying that they weren’t going to leave the bed all day to make up for it.