- Text Size +

The guys agreed to help AJ move Alissa’s stuff the next afternoon. It didn’t take them very long and Alissa thanked everyone by making a huge dinner.

 

After everybody left, AJ took Alissa outside. He lay down on the lounger and pulled her down next to him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck. Suddenly, he pulled back.

 

Alissa was surprised at his action and sadness passed over her face. “What’s the matter AJ?”

 

“Something’s missing.” he said quietly. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the necklace he had given her.

 

“You saved it?” Alissa asked.

 

“I saved it.” He smiled. “I was hoping that I would have the chance to put it back around your neck someday.”

 

Alissa smiled, sat up and pulled her hair back. AJ clasped the necklace and started kissing her neck again.

 

“It looks almost as beautiful as you Liss.” he whispered into her hair.

 

They sat in the lounger for a couple of hours just talking and watching the stars.

 

“I love you Liss. This night couldn’t be any better.”

 

Alissa leapt up suddenly and leaned over to kiss him. “I wouldn’t be so sure of that Mr. McLean!” She winked at him and took off running into the house. AJ jumped up and chased her inside and up the stairs.