- Text Size +

Brian was waiting on AJ’s front steps when he pulled in.

 

“What do you want?” AJ said, stepping over him and opening the door.

 

“Your mom called.”

 

“Fantastic! Are you going to add to the big fucking mess? If you are, leave now!”

 

Brian followed AJ into the kitchen.  “She wants to talk to you.”

“Well, I don’t want to talk to her! Did she tell you what she did? Did she tell you that see saw Alissa and never even mentioned it to me?”

 

“You didn’t let her finish.”

 

“Terrific! There’s more to the story!”

 

Brian sat down on the couch. “Your mom and Brooke told Alissa the truth.”

 

AJ stopped in his tracks. “Excuse me?”

 

“Your mom and Brooke told Alissa what happened with that woman. She had no idea AJ. She left to spare you….”

 

“Are you fucking kidding me? She left to spare me? Fucking spare me? What the hell was she sparing me from? She killed me when she left!”

 

Brian just shook his head. “Are you going to listen or just scream at me all night? I’m tired AJ. Either let me finish or I’m going home.”

 

Still furious, AJ agreed to keep his mouth shut at least until Brian was done.

 

“Alissa thought that you would leave her. She said she knew what kind of man you were and that you would want to work on a relationship with the baby’s mother for the sake of the child. She didn’t want you to feel like you had to make a decision or choose a side.”

 

“Are you done?”

 

Brian nodded and braced for what would come next.

 

“Well, isn’t she the best person in the world? She sacrificed herself for me.” AJ said snidely, pacing around the room. “Don’t try to convince me to believe that bullshit! She did this for herself, not for me! She spent all this time telling me how much she loved me and then she runs out on me and doesn’t even have the guts to talk to me. You know she could have tried to call me or see me when she went to see Brooke and my mother!”

 

Brian shrugged. “I don’t know why she didn’t AJ.”

 

AJ finally sat down on the sofa. “I’m tired of everyone deciding what’s best for me and what I can or can’t handle. Can’t someone just tell me the damn truth?”