- Text Size +

Exactly four days later, AJ brought Alissa home. The guys had worked long hours putting the house together and there was enough room for everyone.  It was a two story home on three acres and it backed up to the ocean. There were five bedrooms, one for Alissa, one for James, one for AJ to stay in and another two for the caregivers. He had an office and a studio in the basement and there was a large pool in the backyard. The first floor was laid out in an open floor plan and you could see all the rooms from one vantage point.

 

AJ made sure he set up her bedroom just as it was at his mother’s house. He painted it the same color blue and had a new sleigh bed put it. She had the room with the most beautiful view of the ocean and he put in a window seat like the one she had once pointed out to him. Nobody wanted to tell him that she couldn’t take advantage of the view; they didn’t want to hurt him anymore than he already was.

 

The paramedics brought her in and he had hired 4 nurses in two shifts to be around her at all times. His mother had agreed to use one of the spare rooms in the basement as a bedroom so that she could stay with him whenever he needed it. He was determined to make this work for everyone.