- Text Size +

Two weeks later, Alissa flew out to meet AJ on tour.  She was able to watch the guys do their sound checks and got to meet some of the fans who were waiting around for an autograph.  She was surprised at their reaction to her. They seemed happy to meet her and she loved seeing AJ interact with them.

 

“You’re so good with the fans. It’s no wonder why they love you and the guys so much.” Alissa said as they were leaving the arena.

 

“They’re the best fans around. We couldn’t do what we do without them and we want them to know they’re important to us.”

 

Alissa smiled. “Based on their faces, they know. I thought one girl would go into shock when you hugged her. She didn’t speak for like five minutes!”

 

“I seem to have that effect on women!” AJ said laughing.

 

“Oh, and you’re so modest.” Alissa said punching him in the arm.

 

“Well, it worked on you didn’t it?”

 

They climbed into the SUV waiting to take them back to the hotel. “I guess so.” Alissa said and smiled.

 

“You guess so? You guess so?” AJ took the one of the pillows the guys carry and whacked Alissa in the arm.

 

“Hey, watch my bad elbow!” she laughed.

 

“Bad elbow my ass!” AJ said, kissing her. “What would you like to do tonight?”

 

“Spend as much time with you as possible. Two days are going to fly by and I want to make the most of it.”

 

“How about a nice dinner and then just you and I and a hotel room?”

 

“Perfect.” Alissa leaned over and kissed him. “Just what I wanted.”

 ------------------------- 

Alissa was right. The two days flew by and before she knew it she was on a flight back home.  It was going to be hard sleeping in an empty bed again but she knew she’d see him again in two weeks. At least she had something to look forward to.

 

She went back to work and was stunned. The kids around her were all coming down with the stomach bug. Students were absent every day and after a few days, Alissa started feeling sick too. AJ told her to go to the doctor and called his mother to explain the situation.

 

“Brooke can’t take Alissa to the doctor’s because of Anne so will you do it? I can’t trust her to do it on her own because she’s so damn stubborn.”

 

“Of course sweetheart. I know the kids have all had the stomach bug and she probably just needs some rest. I’ll call her and figure out when her appointment is.”

 

“Thanks Ma! Love you.”

 

“Love you too AJ.” Denise said and hung up to call Alissa.

 

The doctor was able to squeeze Alissa in that afternoon and agreed that it was probably just the stomach bug. He wanted to do some blood tests just to be sure, but told her to just go home and rest.

 

Denise got her settled and offered to stay but Alissa told her to go home. She was just going to go to bed early and hopefully she would feel better in the morning.

 -------------------------- 

The next day, the doctor called Alissa to see how she was feeling and give her the results of the blood tests.

 

“I feel like crap. This is the only part of teaching I dislike. Kids get sick and we’re next.”

 

“Um, actually I’m pretty sure you didn’t get this from the kids.” the doctor said and paused for a minute. “I don’t know how you’re going to feel about this, but congratulations because you’re pregnant.”

 

The call phone dropped out of Alissa’s hand and died as the battery popped out once it hit the floor. She couldn’t think at all. She slid down to the floor in shock and sat there for what seemed like hours. Once her brain started to work a little, she called Brooke and told her she was coming over.