- Text Size +

The next week flew by and before Alissa knew it, she was on a plane to see AJ. Her morning sickness hadn’t subsided any and she got motion sick on the plane. By the time they landed, Alissa was wiped out.

 

AJ picked her up at the airport just like he had promised.  He took one look at her and knew something was wrong. He saw this woman in front of him that was nothing like Alissa. She seemed sick, sad and just not that happy to be there.

 

“Liss, baby, what’s wrong? And don’t you dare tell me nothing.”

 

Alissa smiled faintly. “Nothing, just got a little motion sick on the plane ride out here. Do you mind if we head to the hotel so I can rest for a bit?”

 

AJ put his arm around her waist. “Whatever you need Liss.” He carried her bags out to the SUV and helped her get into the passenger side.  Once he settled himself into the driver’s seat, they pulled out and headed to the hotel.  They drove in complete silence while Alissa just stared out the window. AJ knew something was bothering him and it hurt him that he didn’t know how to help her.

 

They arrived a few minutes later and AJ helped her upstairs. He offered to run a bath for her hoping that it would help. Alissa agreed and AJ went into the bathroom to get it started.

 

Alissa was sitting on the bed taking her shoes off when her cell phone began to vibrate.

 

“Hello?” she answered quietly.

 

“You sound like shit! Plane rides definitely don’t help morning sickness.”

 

“Thanks Brooke. Hello to you too. And no they don’t.”

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to be so blunt. I really was just calling to check on you.” Brooke paused for a minute. “Did you talk to him yet?”

 

“No I didn’t talk to him yet! I just got here. I wasn’t going to bring it up in the middle of the airport!”

 

“Ok, ok. Don’t bite my head off! I just think you should tell him soon.”

 

“Thanks for the advice. I’ll talk to him in a little while.” Alissa said and hung up the phone. She got up and turned around to go into the bathroom. She stopped mid stride when she saw AJ standing in the doorway.  The look on his face told her that he had overheard the conversation with Brooke.

 

“Tell me what?” he said quietly. “I thought we didn’t have any secrets Liss.”

 

Alissa’s eyes started to fill with tears. “We don’t AJ. I just found out and I wasn’t sure how to tell you and I know you’re going to hate me and…”

 

She started to sob. AJ came over and wrapped his arms around her.

 

“It’s ok Liss. Tell me whatever you need to. I’m never going to hate you. I love you with all my soul, nothing will ever change that.” He kissed her on the head and held her while she cried. It was breaking his heart seeing her in this much pain.

 

After a few minutes, her sobs subsided enough for her to face him.

 

“I’m pregnant AJ.”

 

AJ’s jaw fell open. He sat there for a few minutes and then started pacing around the room.

 

“Are you kidding me? I thought you were on the pill. How did this happen?” he asked angrily and turned to face her.

 

“They gave me an antibiotic when I had strep and it made the pill ineffective.”

 

“How long were you planning to wait before telling me?”

 

“I just found out two weeks ago…”

 

“Two weeks? Two fucking weeks and you’re just now getting around to telling me?”

 

“AJ please….”

 

“Don’t give me that AJ please crap! You knew this was something I wasn’t ready for and you’ve now decided to spring it on me! Did you do it on purpose?” he shouted at her.

 

“No AJ. I told you it was an accident.” Alissa pleaded with him. “I made a mistake and didn’t think…”

 

“That’s the problem!” he exploded. “You didn’t think! I can’t do this now!” He grabbed his jacket and went to leave. “You can stay here tonight and I’ll book you on the first flight home in the morning.” He walked out of the room and slammed the door on the way out.

 

Alissa burst into tears. She was sobbing hysterically and she couldn’t stop. She cried for a few hours before she fell asleep, too tired to even move. It was about 6pm when she heard a knock at the door. She ran over and flung it open praying that AJ had some back.  She started sobbing when she saw the other guys there.  They were so shocked to see her like this that Nick almost didn’t catch her before she sank to the floor.

------------------------- 

AJ walked for what seemed like hours. How could she do that to him? She knew how he felt about having a baby and she let it happen! He was so angry that he couldn’t even stand to be in the same room as him.  He finally stopped at another hotel and booked himself a room for the night.  Calling the airport, he arranged for car service and the earliest flight out in the morning for Alissa.