- Text Size +
Double Exposure

Part Ten

Lying flat on my stomach in the grass of AJ’s back yard I laughed as Jack stalked Vegas who was sleeping in the sun. I snapped pictures quietly as the smaller dog crouched through the grass and then leaped onto Vegas and then ran to me for protection as Vegas barked and snipped at him. As Vegas settled back down and closed his eyes, Jack wiggled his tiny butt with excitement and started to stalk Vegas again.

“You’re gunna piss him off, JD...” I whispered and snapped another picture. Jack pounced again, and once again Vegas attacked sending Jack yelping toward me. “Dude, you really need to learn how to fight back, running away like that is not cool...” I chuckled as I put my camera down and picked Jack up. I rolled over onto my back and Jack licked at my face as he stood on my chest.

I closed my eyes and the three of us baked in the sun quietly. AJ had run over to his mother’s house to help her with some project that she claimed she needed some ‘man power’ to help with. I’d teased him about how maybe Denise should have called Kevin instead, but when he’d begun to pout and guilt took over I ended up apologizing and promising to make him dinner later that night.

I’d been taking pictures to waste time while AJ was gone and somehow the dogs and I’d ended up outside in the grass. The phone rang startling me from my daydream in the sun and I answered the cordless lying in the grass next to me. “Hello?”

“Hey, Beautiful...”

“Hey, Sexy,” I laughed. “You being all manly for your mom?’

“Of course!” AJ laughed. “‘And what might you be doing, little lady?”

“Lying in the grass taking pics of the kids...”

“Aww, they being good for you?”

“Of course! They’re hams just like their daddy...” I smiled as I picked up my camera again and took a picture of Jack and Vegas who’d decided to cuddle together finally. “So when you coming home I’m booooored!” I giggled.

“Okay, Nick...” AJ laughed and I smiled. Nick had taught me how to whine like a pro years before and everyone had suffered ever since. “I’ll be home soon...”
 
I sighed dramatically and then laughed, “Okay. Oh hey, and some Richard dude called about an auction. Said you need to make sure that your items are turned in by Monday.”

“Oh fuck...” AJ sighed and I laughed when I could hear Denise in the background scolding him for his language. “Sorry, mom… Damn, I forgot all about that.”

“What do you need?”

“Oh I’m supposed to get together something that a fan would want to bid on, all the money is going to Save the Music.”

“Like one of your sweaty hats or something?” I laughed.

“Yeah… but I wanted it to be something better than that… oh well...”

“Hmm...” I said thinking out loud.

“What?”

“‘Oh...” I giggled. “I just had a thought. I’ll explain when you get your skinny ass home.”

“Is that a hint?” he laughed.

“Yep!  Hurrrrrry!’ I laughed.

“Yes, dear...”

“Tell Mom hello for me...”

“I will… I’ll be home in a little bit.”

“Okey dokey, Love Muffin,” I snorted.

“Kel?”

“Yeah?” I laughed.

“Step away from the caffeine...” he chuckled.

“Whatever!  Just come home! Bye!” I laughed and hung up the phone. I pushed myself up off of the ground and clapped getting the dog’s attention, “Come on boys, let’s go save Daddy’s ass...” I said running into the house with them on my heels and an idea in my head.

****

“Wow... “AJ said as he walked into the kitchen finding me with photos spread out all over the kitchen table.

“Hi, honey...” I smiled looking up from my project.

“Uh… I know I shouldn’t ask, but what the hell are you doing?” he asked with a smile sitting down next to me.

“Kiss...” I smiled making a kissy face toward him and leaning toward him.  He smiled and kissed me gently. “Thanks. I’m making something for your auction...”

“Really?”

“No, I’m lying,” I groaned and looked up at him with a wink. “Yeah. You said you wanted something better than a hat, and I’ve got all of these pictures of you and the guys over the years that people haven’t seen over and over again in the teen mags. I’d pay a hunk of money for them if I were a fan… Well I AM a fan but you know what I mean...”  I focused on sorting through the pictures in front of me and chose my favorites that weren’t too personal for me to give away. “Okay so these are the ones I thought I’d use and...” I grabbed my scrap paper that I’d scribbled a sketch on and handed it to him. “I want to do this. The group picture of you guys will be the blown up one in the middle, then I’ll matte the individual pics of the you guys along the bottom and sides of the group pic and leave them this size. I want you to tell me if you like the pictures though okay? If you don’t, we can pick other ones or if you have a better idea for a lay out we can...”

“Kel!” AJ giggled.

“Huh?”

“You’re rambling. It’s perfect, and I love it.”

I smiled and could feel myself blushing, “Cool… Sorry.”

He kissed my cheek again, “Don’t be sorry. You ramble when you get excited about your work. It’s a good thing. Thank you, for doing this.”

I shrugged and started making a list of supplies I’d need to finish the project, “Gives me something to do while I’m here instead of just mootching off of you.”

“Kel!”

I laughed and put my hand over his mouth before he could complain, “I know! I’m not mootching… blah blah… but you know what I mean. So you gunna take me to the store?” AJ grinned at me from beneath my hand and attempted to lick it but I pulled away anticipating his movement. “Perv.”

He smiled and nodded, “Yes?”

“Take me to the store or I’m not cooking dinner for you tonight...” I smiled as I stood up and stuck the list in my pocket.

“I suppose I’m buying too huh?” he mock whined as he stood up and took my outstretched hand.

“You’re the one who wanted to be the sugar daddy...” I grinned.

“Yeah but normally sugar daddy implies that I’m getting laid in return for spending all of my money on you...”

I rolled my eyes, “Roaming hands!”

“I’ll show you roaming hands...” he laughed and ran after me as I squealed and ran out the door toward the car giggling.