- Text Size +

Eleven

I smiled as I turned AJ’s computer off and pulled a piece of paper out of his printer carrying it, and Jack, with me into AJ’s bedroom where he was lying on the bed waiting for me to come to bed for the night. "What’s that smile for?" he laughed.

"Nuthin’… " I laughed as I climbed into bed and placed Jack between us. "I just have something for us to do."

"Hot steamy kinky monkey sex?" he grinned.

"Tempting… but no. Actually it’s a survey."

AJ rolled his eyes, "A survey? You’re more excited about a survey than hot steamy kinky monkey sex with me?"

"Uh… yeah!" I said making a face at him as I cuddled up to him under the covers and we leaned our heads against each other. "Ready?"

"Mmm hmm…"

"Okay… we’ll skip some of them because they’re stupid. But basically you have to answer the questions about me…"

"Okay, hit me…"

I fought the urge to actually hit him and laughed, "Alright what was the first thing I ever said to you?"

AJ giggled and I smiled, "Oh god… that’s an easy one. You told me to fuck off!"

The day that I met AJ I was a little less than happy to be in Florida. Our family had moved across the country pulling me from my school and my friends. AJ, the little flirt, came bouncing up to welcome me to the neighborhood and I simply looked at him and told him to fuck off. I giggled at the memory and kissed AJ’s cheek, "Forgive me for being such a bitch?"

"Of course… what’s the next question?"

"Uh… When you first saw me what was your first impression? Before I told you to fuck off that is…" I laughed.

AJ was silent for a moment and then smiled, "Truthfully… I remember thinking that you had the prettiest eyes, and that I really hoped that we’d be friends because there was something about you that I was drawn to."

I picked up my head and looked at him, "No shit?"

He smiled gently, "No shit."

I covered my face and put it down on his chest, "And then I told you to fuck off… oh I’m just horrible!"

He giggled and patted my head, "It’s okay…what’s the next question?"

I picked my head up and laid on my stomach to look at the paper, "What’s one of my favorite things to do?"

"Easy… take pictures, and be with me."

I smiled and looked back at the paper, "When’s my birthday?"

He rolled his eyes, "July 17th…"

I closed my eyes, "What color are my eyes?"

"Deep Chocolate Brown…"

I grinned and opened my eyes again, "Ever had a crush on me?"

"Still do…" I looked at AJ quietly for a moment and he was smiling at me.

I grinned and kissed him gently full on the lips before looking back at the survey, "Eh… I guess that’s about it. All of the other ones are too easy." I threw the survey to the floor and looked back to AJ who was still watching me. "What?"

"Nuthin’. I’m just really glad that you’re back home. I miss hanging out with you like this."

"Me too…" I smiled and cuddled back up to his body closing my eyes at the feeling of his warm arms closing around my body.

~~~~~

"These are great… who took them?"

"Kel did…" AJ beamed like a proud daddy.

"She’s good huh?"

"You took these?" Richard, one of Backstreet’s record company reps said looking at me as he admired the collection of photos I’d make up for the Save The Music silent auction. He was an older man who kind of gave off that weird "You’re looking at my chest way too much" vibe, but he seemed harmless enough.

"Mmm hmm… I’ve got eleven years of memories on film with this one," I smiled motioning toward AJ. "And I’ve been a part of Backstreet since before they even had a name."

"Wow… not many people can say that…"Richard smiled taking another glance at my chest.

"Nope…"

"Well these pictures are great. Thank you so much for giving them up for the auction. I’m sure we’ll get a nice amount for them."

"Thank you, and it’s not a problem, I’m glad to help," I smiled. I turned to AJ and smiled, "Honey, I’m going to go look around at all of the other stuff okay? You stay here and answer questions for me for a few?"

"Sure thing…"

"Richard, it’s been a pleasure…" I smiled shaking his hand. "I’m sure I’ll see you again tonight, but if not, have a great evening."

"You too Kellie, and thanks again for the pictures…" Richard smiled as I walked away.

I walked around the hall looking at all of the auction items on exhibit and listened in on conversations of people in the party chit chatting about the celebrities in the room. I took a sip of my drink as my eyes settled on a framed drawing on the wall. I stared at the picture and noticed the use of shadowing and texture. It was a beautiful drawing, which at first glance could be mistaken for a photograph. "You like?" I heard a familiar voice whisper in my ear and I turned quickly to look up into his blue eyes.

"Yeah… it’s really good. Looks like something I’d take a picture of… it’s beautiful."

"Thank you…" he smiled. I looked at him with a confused look on my face and followed his hand as he pointed to the information card hanging with the drawing.

I read it and then looked into his eyes, "You drew this?"

"Mmm hmm…"

"Wow…" I stared at the drawing again. "You’ve gotten better at this… wow Nicky…"

"It’s not as good as your photos over there…" Nick smiled and motioned toward the display of my pictures. "But it’s something."

"No… honey it’s good. All I did was push a button on a camera. This must have taken a while…" I looked at the drawing again in awe. It was a charcoal drawing of a woman from behind as she sat watching the ocean. Her face wasn’t visible, but he’d captured so much emotion in the drawing and it pulled me in. There was a sadness about her, and for more reasons than one I related to her. "Someone you know?"

Nick leaned down and whispered in my ear again, "She’s you…"

I shivered at his voice in my ear and turned around once again to look at him, "Me?"

He smiled and nodded, "Yeah… I did it from memory. This was the day after my eighteenth birthday. I remember finding you on the beach watching the waves… it was kind of cold that day because it had been raining the night before and you’d balled yourself up like that to keep warm…"My eyes drifted back to the drawing as my thoughts drifted back to that day.

I shook my head of the feelings running though my body and sighed against my own will. "It… it’s a beautiful drawing Nick…"I took a long drink from my glass and smiled weakly, "I’ve gotta go back to my pictures and relieve AJ of question duty. Um… good luck with the auction."

"Thanks…" Nick said quietly as I began to back away. "You too Kel…"