- Text Size +

“She hates me.” Kat cried into the phone. She had called Brenda as soon as she got upstairs.

“She can’t hate you Kat. She has to get to know you.”

 “I thought things were going great. We got along at the spa and it seemed like she was warming up to me. I don’t know what to do. It feels like she doesn’t think I’m good enough for AJ.”

 “That’s bullshit! If she thinks that then forget her. She knows nothing about you. Anyone who knows you knows what a terrific person you are and that AJ is lucky to have you in his life.”

 Kat smiled. Brenda was great at giving her pep talks and supporting her no matter what the issue was.

 “What if I try and try and just can’t get her to like me?”

 Brenda sighed. “Honestly Kat, I think you need to talk to her again. Lay everything out for her and explain your side of the story.”

 “I tried that when I first came out here. I thought that she understood how I felt then.”

 “Do it again. If she still doesn’t get it then try talking to AJ and see what he has to say. Maybe he can figure something out.” She paused for a minute. “Remember the talk we had before you went out there?”

 “The one where you told me I was a liar for saying I didn’t have any feelings for AJ?”

 “That’d be the one.”

 “I remember it. Why are you asking?”

 “I told you to be careful when you were out there. You said this wasn’t going to go anywhere and now you guys are together and I’ve heard the L word come out of your mouth several times.  Are you really sure you want to do this?”

 “Seriously Brenda! I thought you were ok with this.”

 “I am but this whole situation is going to be tough. His mom having issues with you is going to be a small problem for you. You’re going to have to deal with the fans, angry ones who aren’t going to like you being that close to AJ. You’re also going to have to face the press and all the photographers that the boys have following them 24/7. I just want to make sure that you are completely ready for this.”

 Kat thought for a few minute before she said anything else. “I know Brenda. I can do this. I love AJ and I know that to make this work, I’m going to have to deal with a whole list of stuff. I can do this. I want to do this.”

 “Ok sweetie. I’m here for you no matter what and I’ll do whatever I can to support you, even if it means having it out with his mom for you!”

 Kat laughed. “I love you Brenda.”

 “Love you too Kat. Go have the talk and call me later.”

Kat hung up the phone and gave herself a pep talk before she headed downstairs to see Denise.