- Text Size +

Kat didn't sleep at all that night. She had so much to consider and she wanted to make the right decision. AJ and Marcus took her to the airport the next morning and AJ was completely silent. She had never seen such a look of hurt on his face and she knew she had to tell him. She pulled him aside so she could talk to him privately.

 "AJ, I know...."

 "You're still leaving aren't you?"

 Kat nodded.

 "I am leaving..."

 AJ's eyes filled with tears. He thought his heart was going to break. "I guess I'll see you when I fly out in a few weeks."

 "You don't listen very well you know."

 AJ looked up at her.

 "I am leaving but not for long. I made a decision last night. I'm going to give my notice and work for the first two terms which will be the end of January. It'll give them enough time to find someone else and give me enough time to sell my house. I......"

 AJ didn't let her finish her sentence. He pulled her into a hug, lifting her off of her feet and crushing his mouth to hers. He kissed her so passionately that it literally took her breath away. She felt like she had made the right decision.

 "I love you Kat Brady and I will make sure you don't regret coming out here." he said as though he was reading her thoughts.

 "You better keep that promise." Kat said with a smile.

 "I will Kat. I love you so much, I'll do whatever it takes to make you happy."

 Kat knew he would. They called her flight and she and AJ said their goodbyes knowing at least that it would be only for a few months. AJ planned on flying out to see her and she said she would spend Thanksgiving with him and the guys. Kat walked away to board the plane and she turned to wave at AJ. He came running over to her and kissed her.

 "I love you Kat and I'll see you soon."

 "I love you too AJ."