- Text Size +

“I know I’ve said it a million times but I hate leaving you like this.” AJ said quietly.

 “I understand but there are things you have to take care of and I’ll be flying out in three weeks.” Kat said holding onto his waist. “It sucks but we’re going to get through it.”

 They had decided last night that AJ would fly back to California and demand a paternity test. Supposedly, Michelle was six months pregnant and they all wanted to make sure it was really AJ’s baby. Kat wouldn’t put it past her to pass off some idiot’s baby as AJ’s and try to get everything she could from the deal.

 “Thank you by the way for leaving Ray here with us.”

 AJ smiled. “I need to keep my most valuable person safe. The news will get out and I don’t want you to be hounded. He’s good at keeping the paparazzi at bay and he’ll be able to help you finish packing stuff up. I really didn’t want you flying out by yourself in a couple of weeks anyway.”

 “I can handle it.”

 “I know but you’re still looking tired and I want to make sure you’re ok. This whole situation is adding more stress and I don’t want you to get too worn down.”

 Kat leaned in and kissed him. “I’ll let you keep an eye on me for now.”

 “Thanks.” AJ laughed. They called Nick and his flight and he leaned in to kiss Kat again.

 “I love you baby.”

 “I love you too.”

She watched as they boarded their plane and then left with Ray to go back and finish up some things before work started the next day.

 ------------------------

 “Pizza’s here!” Kat shouted as she walked towards the door. “How much do I…….”

 “Hi sweetheart.”

 Kat was surprised to see her visitor when she opened the door.

 “Can I come in?” the woman pointed into the hallway. “I know I said I was ok with your relationship with AJ but things have changed and I think we need to talk.”

 Kat stepped backwards and let the woman into the house. She followed her into the kitchen and sat down at the table. She had no idea how much damage this one conversation was going to cause.

 --------------

 “Remember what I said. You have one week to make your decision. I don’t want to see AJ get hurt.”

 Kat nodded and showed the woman to the door. She closed it behind her and slid down onto the floor. Crying uncontrollably, she wrapped her arms around her head and placed it on her knees.

 Brenda and Ray found her there a few minutes later. They had heard the conversation and couldn’t believe what was happening. Brenda had wanted to run up and kick the woman out but Ray had held her back. He didn’t want to make the situation any worse.

 Brenda sank down next to her friend and wrapped her arms around her. “I’m so sorry Kat.”

 Kat’s body shook with sobs. “What am I going to do?”