- Text Size +

Ray and Brenda sat at the table with Kat the next day just staring at her. Neither one could speak after what she had just told them. The decision had been made.

 “Are you sure this is really what you want to do?” Brenda asked. “You can change your mind, it’s not too late.”

 “I can’t change it. I’m doing what I need to do.”

 “I really think you should talk to J about this Kat.” Ray added. “I know you probably don’t want to hear this but I think you’re making a mistake.”

 Brenda was glad that Ray had said it and not her. She thought Kat was crazy and couldn’t fathom why she was doing it.

 “I have to Ray.”

 “J can figure something out. I’ve seen him do it before. Please reconsider and talk to him Kat. This doesn’t have to go down like this.” Ray pleaded with her.

 “You both heard what she said. She was crystal clear.”

 “I don’t care how clear she was!” Brenda yelled slamming her hand down on the table. “She’s wrong! You’re going to make a mistake Kat!”

 “I’m not going to watch anything happen because of me. I know you don’t agree with me but this has to be done.” Kat turned to face Ray. “I need to ask you one favor.”

 -----------------

 Ray got off the plane in California and Marcus met him at the airport.

 “You still haven’t told me what you’re doing here. I thought J asked you to stay out there and watch over Kat.”

 “She made me come back.”

 “She made you? Dude really? You’re three times her size! J’s gonna be pissed when he hears you came back without her.”

 Ray just nodded.

 Marcus pulled him to a stop. “What’s going on?”

 “Nothing.” Ray said shaking his head.

 “Man you’re an awful liar!”

 “Can you just take me over to his house?”

 “I will but there is no way in hell I’m going in there with you. I’ve seen J pissed and he’s not going to be happy about this.”

 “You have no idea.” Ray murmured under his breath.

 Twenty minutes later, the two men arrived at the house. Marcus reminded Ray that he was just gonna drop him off and then he was on his own.

 “Thanks Marcus.” Ray said stepping out.

 Marcus laughed. “You’re not gonna be thanking me when J gets ahold of you.”

 Ray ignored the comment and slammed the door. He walked up to the house and rang the doorbell.

 “Come in.” he heard AJ yell from inside. He let himself into the hallway and made his way down to the living room where AJ was watching TV.

 “Hey man.” AJ said looking up. “How are…..Wait a second. Why are you here?” AJ asked after realizing Ray was not supposed to be in his living room for another three weeks.

 Ray just stood there.

 “Hello, Earth to Ray!” AJ said walking over and waving his hand in front of his face. “I thought you were going to be with Kat. You can’t just leave her alone like that. The paparazzi……..”

 Ray thrust an envelope towards AJ. “I’m really sorry J. So sorry.”