- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope this chapter's ok!

AJ decided to fly out to Boston over Labor Day weekend since Kat would have four days off that they could spend together. He missed her more than he thought he would and had planned on taking her away.  She promised to meet his plane on Friday afternoon and she was there at the gate waiting just like she said.

 AJ ran over to her, sweeping her off her feet and kissing her deeply. Everyone in the airport recognized him and was staring but neither one cared.

 "I have missed you so badly." he whispered into her ear before kissing her again.

 Kat laughed. "I've missed you too. I can't wait to spend four days with you."

 "Good because I have a surprise for you."

 Kat groaned. "I vaguely remember explaining to you that I hate surprises."

 AJ laughed. "And I'm pretty sure I told you that it was too bad and I would continue to surprise you."

 "No one is coming with us are they?"

 "Hell no! This weekend is all about you and I. I'm taking you somewhere so we need to go pack your stuff." He put his arm around her waist and pulled her toward baggage claim to pick up his bags.

 ------------------

 "Oh AJ, it's beautiful!" Kat exclaimed looking out the hotel room window.

 AJ smiled. "I remember that you said you loved it here so I figured this was a great place to spend the weekend."

 Kat recalled telling him, back before they started dating, that she loved York Beach, Maine and she appreciated the sweet gesture. She was enjoying the view when AJ came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

 "Do you like this surprise?"

 "I love it." she said and turned to kiss him. "What are we going to do tonight?"

 AJ looked at her with a devilish grin. "We're not leaving this room until tomorrow morning!" He picked her up and carried her over to the bed. "I plan on showing you exactly how much I've missed you!"

 -------------------

 Kat rolled over the next morning expecting to find AJ but instead the bed was empty. She sat up quickly, looking around, and didn’t see him anywhere.  It was then that she noticed the note taped to a box next to the bed.

 Kat,

I went out to finish my surprise for you (yes another one!). I’ll be back to get you in an hour so be dressed and ready. Love, AJ

 PS-Don’t open the box!

 Seriously? He leaves a box but doesn’t want her to open it? She was extremely tempted to do it anyway but she knew he loved surprising her, so she decided to exercise some self-control and take a shower instead.  AJ arrived back at the room while she was blow-drying her hair.

 “Hey beautiful.” he said slipping his arms around her waist and kissing her shoulder. “How’d you sleep?”

 She smiled. “Really well. I’ve missed having you hold me when I sleep. I always feel safer having you there.”

 AJ smiled back. “Well just think, a few more months and you can have that every night.”

 “I’m looking forward to it.” She paused for a minute. “You still want me to come out right?”

 AJ turned her around so she was facing him. “Why would you ask me that?”

 Kat sighed. “Never mind. Forget I asked.”

 “Uh-uh, you don’t get to change the subject. Why wouldn’t I want you to come out?”

 “I was starting to worry that your mom wouldn’t be thrilled with the idea and I didn’t know if that would make a difference for you. I don’t want to cause any problems between you and your mother.”

 AJ pulled her over to the bed and sat her down. He kneeled down in front of her and put both hands on her face.

 “You let me worry about my mother. I don’t care who agrees with us or not. I love you Kat, more than I have loved any other woman in my life and all I want is for us to be together, every day. No one will ever change my mind about that.”

Kat gave him a small smile. “Are you sure?”

 AJ pushed her back so that she was lying on the bed and he crawled onto it so that he was straddling her. “I am absolute positive.” He kissed her intensely and decided that the rest of the surprise could wait.