- Text Size +

The family spent the next few hours eating, laughing and appreciating the time that had together. Kat and Brenda would be heading back home in two days and the guys would return to writing some new material for a new album. Everyone wanted to enjoy the one day that everyone stopped everything and just hung out together.

 Denise offered to help Kat and Brenda clean up the kitchen after everyone had left. AJ and Nick helped out by cleaning up the rest of the house. After everything was finished, Brenda and Nick headed up to bed. Denise surprised AJ by asking if she and Kat could have some time alone and he reluctantly agreed not sure if it was the best idea.

 “I promise not to say anything wrong AJ. I just want to talk to her.” Denise said hoping to ease her son’s mind.

 “Alright.” AJ left his mother and Kat in the living room and headed down to the basement to work on a song he had started

 The women got settled on the couch and Denise waited for a few seconds before she spoke.

 “I know that I’ve been hard on you and I know that you understand why. I listened to what AJ said about you this afternoon and I think I’ve been wrong in my concern over how you felt about him. I can see that you two love each other very much and I’m sorry for not realizing it sooner. You’ve been good for and to my son and he’s lucky to have you.”

 Kat was dumbfounded at Denise’s admission. She thought that it would take more time for his mother to accept her and to put her concerns behind them.

 “Thank you Denise. I know I’ve said it before but I love AJ and I’m not going to hurt him. I don’t want anything from him; I just want him.”

 Denise smiled. “I know, I can see that.” She rose to her feet and said she would be going. Kat yelled down to the basement to get AJ.

 AJ climbed the stairs and was surprised at how relaxed the two women seemed. He was afraid that his mother was going to give Kat a hard time but it looked like the two women had cleared something up. He smiled, walked his mother out to her car and said his goodbyes. He returned to the house and swept Kat into a hug.

 “I take it things went well with my mom.” he said putting her down and kissing her gently.

 Kat smiled. “It did. She said that she was ok with us being together and that we could put this behind us and move forward.”

 “Good! I’m glad she finally came to her senses and grasped that you’re an incredible woman who has been nothing but good for me!”

 “I think you’re giving me too much credit AJ. You are the most amazing man I have ever met and I’m lucky to have you in my life.”

 He started to say something but Kat cut him off with a kiss.

 “Don’t say anything. I love you and you make me unbelievably happy. I can’t imagine myself being this happy with anyone else and I want you to know that I will do whatever it takes to keep you happy.”

 He smiled down at her. “Well, it won’t take much. Just you being with me will do that. I don’t need anything more than that Kat. Just be with me.”

 “I can do that.” Kat grabbed him by the hand and led him upstairs to the bedroom.