- Text Size +

Chapter 12 Your Friend’s Very Wise

***Back with the Backstreet Buds the same time as what happened with Rich and Kalie’s Besties***

                “Where could she be?” Melina asked as the Backstreet Buds continued to search for Heather.

                “She’s not by the merchandise stand, not in the bathroom, we haven’t seen her anywhere,” Carly said.

                “Well we haven’t checked any of the dressing rooms yet, maybe she and Rich made up and they are both in his dressing room,” Jess suggested.

                “Maybe,” Kelshie agreed but she seemed to be in a distant determined state as she led the way toward the dressing rooms.

***Nick’s Point Of View***

                I could feel my lungs screaming for air as she kissed me. I still don’t know why I couldn’t move. The only thing I wanted to do was push her away so I could continue my search for Kalie. I hated the way her tongue snaked around and invaded my mouth.  

                Her lips finally parted from mine and I took in a deep breath filling my lungs with sweet air.

                Marcy looked at me and smirked, “Well look at that. I took your breath away. I guess you liked it huh?”

                I stared at her with hard eyes then spit on her feet, “You disgust me!”

                “You don’t mean that,” she said in disbelieve.

                “I mean every word I say,” I hissed. “You disgust me!”  

                “I would take that back if I were you Nickolas,” she stepped closer to me.

                “I guess you’re deaf too. I meant every single word I said.” I cut my speaking speed in half, “You… disgust… me!”

                “I hear you loud and clear Nick,” her voice was lowered and she stepped closer to me still hanging her head.

                “Now get away from me,” I demanded. I noticed she held something in her hand that glinted in the light of my flashlight.

                She pounced on me knocking me against the wall again.

                “What are you doing?!”

                Her face was inches away from mine, “You don’t know how many people have pushed me aside and threw the word disgusting at me.” She sounded desperate. “I’m going to show you how much you really want me! And if I can’t have you, no one can. Not even your so called precious Kalie!”

                I tried to push her off of me but I felt something sharp start to penetrate my throat.

                “I wouldn’t move if I were you. Not until you confess your love for me,” she spoke over my lips.

                I gulped as I felt paralyzing fear settle in.                

***Back with The Backstreet Buds***

                “Does anyone else think it’s a little too quiet back here?” Carly asked.

                “Well no one is back here that’s why,” Jess tried not to sound scared.

                “It is sort of creepy back here,” Melina said with an obvious shiver in her voice.

                The best friends huddled closer to Kelshie who was more determined about finding Hermie than caring about being afraid of the dark.

                She shinned her light over every inch of the dark space in front of her until the beam landed on a pair of feet.  The light traveled slowly upward until it illuminated Nick and the slutty looking girl who was hanging all over him.

                Each of the Backstreet Buds gasped.

                His eyes widened but he didn’t say a word.

                He couldn’t say a word because Kelshie almost screamed out, “Wow you really do live the rock star life don’t ya?! The lights go out and you decide to make out with the next slut you find in the dark.”

                “Kelshie,” Jess tried to stop her but Kelshie didn’t pick up on the urgency of her best friend’s whisper.

                “So much for being in love with your fiancé and being faithful to her you scum bag! You,” she directed her words toward Marcy, “You are even more pathetic than he is!”

                “I wouldn’t say anything else if I were you Kelshie,” Carly said with a wavering voice.

                “Your friend’s very wise,” Marcy snarled. “Call me anymore names and Nick Carter dies. Then you’ll die.”

                 It was then that Kelshie saw what made her friends so nervous; the knife in Marcy’s hand pushed against Nick’s neck. She gulped loudly and her friends huddled even closer, each one shivering out of fear.