- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you to everyone who has been reviewing and I apologize for the huge wait time for this next chapter. Hope it's ok!

The boys finally tuckered themselves out about an hour later and were ready to eat. Kat was in the kitchen making dinner so AJ got them cleaned up and settled into their highchairs.

 “Something smells good.” Wrapping his arms around Kat’s waist, he leaned in and brushed his lips against the back of her neck making her shiver.

 “That’s for taking a shower without me.” he said with a grin and walked back towards the table.

“That’s so wrong.” Kat said with a chuckle.

 “Hey, you deserved some payback.”

 Kat smiled as she took the macaroni over to the table. She sat down next to AJ and watched as he blew on the food before he gave it to the boys. It was amazing how good he was with both of them and how much they adored him. Guilt washed over her and she felt awful for keeping his son a secret from him.

 “What’s with the frown?” AJ asked putting his hand on top of hers. “Are you feeling ok?”

 “I’m fine. Just thinking.”

 “About what because that’s not a happy face.” He paused. “Please tell me you’re not thinking about changing your mind about moving in.”

 Kat shook her head vigorously. “No, not at all. I was just watching you with the boys and I realized how unfair I was to you and to Jake by not telling you about him sooner.”

 AJ stood up pulling Kat with him. He wrapped his arms around her and drew her close to him. Kissing her gently, he touched his forehead to hers.

 “I don’t want to think about that anymore. What’s done is done. You’ve given me Jake and now you’ve made it easier for me to have Ryan. The past is in the past and that’s exactly where I want it to stay. All I want to focus on is getting you moved into this house and being a family. That’s all I care about.”

 “Ok.”

 “And speaking of that, when are we going to get all your stuff from Brenda’s and get you settled back in here?”

 “I can finish packing and move…”

 AJ put his finger over her mouth. “You are not moving anything. Have Brenda help you get the boxes settled and the guys will help me move whatever you need. I do not want you to do anything but the basics.”

 “I’m not an invalid, I can help you….”

 AJ gave her a look that told her he meant business.

 “Fine, no moving anything.”

 “Thank you.”

 AJ sat down at the table and drew Kat into his lap. They spent the next half hour watching the boys eat and keeping them entertained. Once they were done, the two of them brought them upstairs to change them and put them to sleep for the night. When they were sound asleep, AJ and Kat crept out and headed to their bedroom to watch a movie.

“What do you want to watch?”

 “How about a horror movie?”

 “How did I know you were going to want to watch one?” AJ said with a laugh.

 “Well, we could watch Finding Nemo for the millionth time.”

 “Not a chance! I can’t believe the amount of times Jake wants to watch that movie.”

 “He’s obsessed with Dory.”

 “Who isn’t? Ellen DeGeneres is hysterical!”

 Kat dropped onto the bed and grabbed for the remote at the same time as AJ made a leap for it. He landed on his face and Kat started cracking up.

 AJ mumbled something into the comforter.

 “I’m sorry. Was that even in English?” Kat asked, laughing harder.

 AJ lifted his face up and repeated himself. “You think that’s funny huh?”

 “Absolutely!”

 AJ caught her off guard by pouncing on her and pinning her to the bed. He leaned down and kissed her gently. 

 “Is this funny?” he whispered.

 “No.” she answered quietly. “This is perfect.”